Click for Westport Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay

Fire on Bimini

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Capt Bill11, Jan 11, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Sorry Whitney, my mistake. I had a few Matrix machines through the years and loved them for their robust build and low RPM German HP Pump. Nothing but positives for your equipment. I knew that Matrix had made the leap into the commercial / municipal markets with great success and didn't realize that you were still making R/O for yachts. Please accept my apologies for stating otherwise.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. Whitney Irons

Whitney Irons New Member

No sir, no need to apologize at all. I’m delighted to hear the equipment served you well. You make a great point in that if customers thought I abondoned the marine market I didn’t do a very good job of marketing the fact we were still in it. I guess there are a fair number of Matrix units out there still running as I continue to receive calls. Thank you for remembering and speaking kindly.
  3. Ralph Holiman

Ralph Holiman New Member

Same here (been going there since 1987 actually), time has not been kind to Alice town. I think the $150/300 dollar fee hurt Bimini the most. I was living in Miami when that brilliant system got thought up. It was just the straw that broke the camel’s back for a lot of us for Bimini as far as a long weekend destination. Our last time there in our boat was in 2016 and it was sad. My wife, who never got the pleasure of the Compleat Angler or the BBGC when it was still going strong, says she doesn’t care to ever return.