Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

Fire, Collision, and Man Overboard Plans

Discussion in 'Yacht Captains' started by MikeElliston, Mar 16, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. MikeElliston

MikeElliston New Member

the yacht i work on is being chartered next week and i need to write up a fire, collision and man overboard plan, i have never seen one before and do not know what to include in it, as i have never seen one before, does anyone here have a copy of one that could get e-mailed to me so i have one to reference to write it up ? any help would be great

ellistonphotography@yahoo.com
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Is the yacht that you work on compliant with any of the Internationally recognised standards?

The plans that you are after should be something that is regularly practised by all crew members so everyone knows how to respond in an emergency. There isn't time to look up the instructions for the first time when there is a fire, collision and or man overboard for real.

In each of the above every crew member should be pre assigned a task so that everyone knows what to do when required, the roles shoukld be changed around a bit so if one or more are unable to partake then others can subsitute that role smoothly.

You might get some ideas for the plans here http://www.sailingusa.info/sailing_safety.htm

http://www.boatingbasicsonline.com/course/safety/8_6.php
  3. MikeElliston

MikeElliston New Member

the biggest problem i now face is that there is no other crew onboard, i run solo, as much as i tell the boss that i want 2 other people whenever i leave the slip, he doesn't want to pay for anyone else. after this charter for a TV shoot i'll probably end up looking for another boat.