Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn

Fincanteri Yachts newbuilds

Discussion in 'Fincantieri Yacht' started by Yacht News, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Apparently, The yacht division of Fincanteri has signed a contract to build a 140-meter long yacht at their Muggiano facility. Hull 6218 will be 7 decks tall and touted to host a 14-meter tender. More information on this newbuild when it comes to hand.
  2. Yacht News

Fincanteri newbuild Hull 6154 should be soon due to launch. She is a massive 134-meter yacht. Is she to be called "Serena"?
  3. IMO, the best ITA design interpretation of Fincantieri would be the 'Marco Polo'. I really don't understand why they did not built the wonderful different appearance, step also in future, some Venecian elements also, but i expect this to be 'Serena' like you say to be equally approach of what Marco Polo was and not repeating experiences of design Lürssen/B+V/German shipyards made most the same, to not be tired of again the same view, my hope only.
  4. Yacht News

Has anyone heard anything on the progress of 6154? Is she behind schedule?
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

It goes on, I can't say much more than that at the moment.
  6. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

I hope that 6154 will be launched soon. She has a wonderful design. She was moved into the outfitting shed about two years ago if I'm not mistaken. That would mean she should still be on track for a launch this year or possibly in the coming months.
  7. Yacht News

GermanYachting, that is the conventional thinking but things happen in the build process and remember she is large too so she will take a while. Member K1W1 works very close to the industry, that's all I would say about him and what he says is usually very credible all the time.
  8. German Yachting

Yes, I know large yachts can go beyond the planned build schedule (Eclipse, Dubai, I'm talking about you) so then I would assume that she will be pushed back to 2011. What I am also curious about is the finishing of the yacht. Using Eclipse and Dubai as examples, they were taken out of their sheds quite early and then completed in the water. Since this is Fincantieri's first yacht (well, under the branding "Fincantieri Yachts"), I suppose that we do not know whether or not she will be completed fully inside the outfitting shed or will be launched and have further work done while being docked outside.
  9. Yacht News

Well there will always be work to be done outside of the shed during her final fitout period prior to trials and after until delivery.
  10. Yacht News

Well the press release out today from Fincanteri on the starting of steel cutting for their latest large yacht, the 140-meter "Victory" states at the end that hull 6154 will be launched in the coming weeks and be handed over to her owner by the end of the year. We will see...
  11. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Here's the Press Release and a copy of the line drawing included with that PR. Fincantieri has issued a lot of buzz-generating, futuristic renderings over the years and now, it looks like one of them will actually be built! Plate cutting starts in September. No doubt, Fincantieri has the means and technology, but can they build a boat without a rock climbing wall...? :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

12. Yacht News

So now hull 6154, "Serene", has been launched we can comment on her now. Interestingly she appears all white on the PR pics, but is she all white? Her hull might be a different colour, being covered over in protective film. What do you think?
  13. German Yachting

Looking at higher resolution photos of Serene, I think she has a protective covering all over it. The paint seems dull and lacking gloss.
  14. German Yachting

Any new photos of Serene? According to shipspotting, she has gone out on sea trials.
  15. Justus

Justus Guest

The exterior and interior designer
    of Serena are Espen Oenio and Reymond Langton

or have i wrong Information ?
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

17. Yacht News

18. German Yachting

Any new news about Serene?
  19. Yacht News

That ran through my mind 2 days ago....and there is only one other pic that I know about...and that is at the link above
  20. Justus

Justus Guest

Does anybody has more information about "Serena" ?
    For example ,when she will be delivered..