Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

Festival de la Plaisance de Cannes 2012

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Yacht News, Sep 12, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Stabilized, steady sailer

Here's a similar sized, circumnavigator:

http://www.chuckpaine.com/pdf/58STEADYSAILER58.pdf
  2. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

Thanks! It is ironic you should post that particular design as I am almost finished reading "Voyaging Under Power" where the formula for creating such a functional design is discussed. The history of passage makers is very interesting and is helping me understand how and why vessels look and perform as they do and don't.

While the Paine design is totally functional and capable at a low cost I am much more "excited" by the Garcia design that seems as functional but with much more panache.

It will be interesting to see how the Garcia design shakes out in the upcoming YF review where price/performance/stability will hopefully be discussed.
  3. JWY

JWY Senior Member

No (YF reviews don't quote prices), yes, and yes. I can tell you that Le Trawler does not have, nor does it need, flopper stoppers.

Judy
  4. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

5. discokachina

discokachina Senior Member

No thanks for pointing it out!

I must say she is pretty stiff competition for my current desktop rotation so I will have to add her to the mix!

I am a form follows function guy so I am pretty taken with the finish of her hull and am interested to hear what Judy will have to say in her upcoming review.