Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning

Ferretti 681

Discussion in 'Ferretti Yacht' started by TripleTreasures, Nov 21, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. TripleTreasures

TripleTreasures New Member

I am in the final stages of purchasing a Ferretti 681.

Does anyone have any comments on the specific boat or manufacturer?

Can anyone comment on european delivery? Specifically the boat is to be delivered on the east coast of Italy. Recommended sights in August? Things to avoid with european delivery?

Thanks

Triple Treasures
  2. nilo

nilo Senior Member

deliveries at ferretti cattolica

I have taken 2 deliveries from ferretti, a 53 and a 68 in 1998 and consequently in 2001. In both cases I have sailed the Adriatic coast of Italy and when I took the delivery of the 68 I have cruised the whole of Italian cost, south of France and back to Turkey. the Italian Adriatic coast does not offer much in regards to crusing, some of my friends took the time to visit the eastern part, the Dalmatian coast, which I understand is one of the pristine crusing grounds in the Med. I have stayed in several Italian ports during my trip and the interesting one that has remained in my memory was Trani, a small town with medieval features. I suggest you skip Bari. When you are coming around Italy, you can fuel at Crotone. Aloian islands are also interesting and for fueling and a safe stay you can call at Vibo Valentia. On the Sicilian coast Taormina is a very interesting town, but an open anchorage. Bay of Naples is the next interesting bay, with Capri and Ischia islands. Ponza and Elbe islands are also very interesting. Then you can call at La Spezia and visit Ferretti’s own service unit to care for issues that needs to be sorted out. Don’t miss Santa Margeritha and of course Porto fino.

Hope you have a good cruise.