Click for JetForums Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder

Feadship News

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by Yacht News, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

2. MarcoSolo

MarcoSolo Guest

Even better :) The mast/satellite dish look weird indeed!
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

They aren't the only parts that look odd... :confused:
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

5. German Yachting

Apparently 808 will not be launched until 2015.
  6. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

A friend of mine just send me this picture of a new Feadship underway to Aalsmeer. (De Vries)

Attached Files:

7. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

From the front

Attached Files:

8. German Yachting

I wonder what hull this is for. It looks to be another 50m class.
  9. Yacht News

Interesting design. The main deck bulwark is going to have glass incorporated into it to show a clear view from the main deck dining room?
  10. German Yachting

Apparently she is 44m.
  11. Yacht News

Guess this will be a one-off 44-meter.
  12. German Yachting

What would be the price premium between a semi-custom build fully custom build, say in this size range? Given comparable finishes and size.
  13. Rene GER

Rene GER Senior Member

14. DBowman78

DBowman78 Senior Member

Feadship's charter section now has some new pictures of the refitted Highlander, including some interior shots.
  15. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

Using dollars vs. Euros at that time were x .76 to .8 range now the exchange is more in the x .72. I am using dollars here as I think most of the members here are US.

The price tag for the 39m pre-engineered Feadships built at De Vries as of about 2 years ago were in the mid 30 million, like GO or Kathleen Anne. Now on the brokerage market GO sold for considerably less.

The price tag for the 45m pre-engineered Feadships built at Van Lent at that time were in the mid 40 million, like Helix, Harle, Madjammer. On the brokerage market Helix sold for considerably less.

I would guess the price is somewhat higher now. But remember those were for the pre-designed and pre-engineered series boats where those costs were amortized over several boats and Feadship's investment to offer a pre designed and pre engineered solution. To answer the question a fully custom will be more as you must add the design costs and the engineering costs. Also, the construction costs vary... not really the basic structure and mechanical unless you go to something exotic. The sky is the limit. The big name designers are expensive, and the guy you like might be too busy or not interested and need convincing. The other big variable is the finish costs. On a 45m it would not be unheard a interior like Helix vs. a more "custom" interior could add 10 million or more. One final comment if you start talking some exotic engineering plant like I often dream about on the forum... all I got to say it you cannot afford it.

The great thing about Feadship is they usually give a standard proven basic ship package of mechanicals. The other great thing is they give you a fixed price up front that you can take to the bank. No I am not talking when I say take to the bank "loan" but "FIRM FIXED PRICE." Now that might be a little eye opening price. Its usually done with funding guarantee so you have to have the money up front basically and escrow it, is the simple explanation.

Best Wishes...
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  16. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Feadship's "Madsummer" was sold in an inhouse deal by ***** Yacht & Ship. Finally after she attended the Yacht shows quite regularly.

When I visited her last year I was surprised that nobody snaped up on her yet..she is a remarkable boat. However I can not remember her asking price right now.
  17. karo1776

karo1776 Senior Member

The last asking was 28 million dollars... it dropped by 4 million overtime.

The Feadship F45 are about the best layout for that size boat. I really liked the layout. All the cabins are on the main deck with the master fwd. All the service spaces are below which I think really makes a nice divide for the crew and guests. The crew spaces seem large and there is more freedom of movement for them too. The captain's cabin is below decks too. On first visiting this seemed maybe it would be nice to have the Capt. off the bridge but then thinking on it the standard layout is best as the bridge has plenty of space and is private. I did not like was the exterior style too well and did not really like any of the standard decors. We sort of gave up looking awhile back.

Here is a video of Helix from a couple years ago... nice tour but does not go into the crew, galley, engine room, garage areas... which is too bad as I think that was a real selling point. The machinery was nicely done but MTU mains (preferred cat 3508s).

All the best,

All Aboard! – Helix
  18. German Yachting

The Casco for project 810 has been sent to the yard for completion.
  19. Yacht News

Finally superyacht "Issana" has been sold.
  20. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,
    Any idea who bought it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.