Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Comfort Click for MotorCheck

Feadship motoryacht - Illusion

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, I have seen her in the past. Good volume, perhaps a little boxy. She used to be named Pilar and was spending some time in Puerto Portals, Mallorca, next to Natalina B on the outer pier. I used to know the captain when she was sold and renamed in the mid nineties, but the latest refit with the Bannenberg studio, I had not seen until now. Looks good!
  3. Yacht News

So when you knew her as the 'Pilar' was she the same length? Knowing many Feadships that get refitted, particularly the older ones, the get lengthened.
  4. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Gee, looks like any new condominium show-suite to me. Totally residential with zero nautical theme.
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yachtluver, she was built as Le Pharaon in 1983 and the length is still the same, 50,65 m / 166,2 feet.

Outmywindow, yes you can say she looks like a condo, but not any condo! :)

In reality, less than half of the yachts has a nautical theme, which I find refreshing. But many are overdecorated, as if they were not meant to go to sea, with lots of loose furniture and items that you have to secure. Also with sharp corners and details not pleasant to get in touch with if, or rather when the boat is rolling.
  6. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Right you are, I guess I'm just old school when it comes to yachts, and prefer a mix of style with tradition.
    If it didn't have the "Bannenberg studio" tag associated with it, one could say any interior designer conceived it.
  7. Yacht News

LOL, If you did not know that the Bannenberg design team did the refit you would probably be bashing the interior. I suppose NAME = prestiege.

Lars, i did not know she was the Le Pharnon. I'm getting confused now. So is there a new or another Le Pharnon in existence today?
  8. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Not anyone, but a few of the designers that used to work with Bannenberg could have done it. There is still a certain signature to all of their work.

And there is a newer Le Pharaon, 55 m from 1989 with a recent refit/rebuild.
  9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I sailed on her twice as relief Chief Engineer once in 2000 for 4 months and once in 2002 for 2 months.

That boat must have really been the cats whiskers when she was launched. The systems wers still pretty much original and functioning and the original spares inventory was still very much in evidence. There was a complete set of pumps with motors for Fire/Bilge, Fuel Transfer and Daytank, Fresh Water, Sewage Mascerator mounted on a rail across the front edge of the fresh watertanks. All still bolted into place when I was on there the first time.

This is also the boat that I have done my roughest ever Atlantic Crossing on.