Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

Fastest Sportsfish?

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by Chevy, Jun 22, 2006.

1. 84far

84far Senior Member

I believe a Lighning 63 is looking pretty quick. I heard with a few adjustments she will be pushing up around the 48's, she has CAT 1650's :D

Far
  2. Tuna bite

Tuna bite New Member

Hi! I'm new to this forum and saw this topic and I thought that I would let you know about our boat (I am not at all saying it's the fastest!). We had it built in 2008 by Dixon Boatworks out of Charleston, South Carolina. Donald Blunt was the naval architect. She will run top end consistently at 48kts and cruise comfortably at 42kts. She has a pair of Cat C-32ACERT'S 1850 HP EA.
    She was designed to weigh 56,000 LB with a half load of fuel & water and is close to that based on certified scales. She currently has VEEM Interceptor wheels. We were going to try shaft tubes and tweek the wheels to see if we could get a true 50 kt boat but due to current economic conditions can't justify the cost. We are currently using the boat in the Fort Myers, Fl area and she is for sale through McGregor Yachts.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes, the 44' sat across the canal from my mom's house in Lauderdale By the Sea for years. It was redone, an express without any tower or hardtop. Rumor has it, it was very fast......I never saw it move more then once or twice in 10 years it seemed like.

I've heard the Cookie Too is very very fast with the new common rail mans. I was talking to them over in Cat Cay a few years back, but forget the figures....I think it did 43 knots top end with 1200 man common rails?
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I was onboard this boat last year while doing a review on the Affinity 90. It was (and may still be) kept behind Jef Bekelman's house In North Palm Beach. This was a seriously impressive boat, both in condition and performance. It looked brand new, but that's because it had just been freshly painted by American Marine in Stuart. Word is Cookie kept sending it back until they finally got the job right. It's hard to believe it's a late 80's sportfish. It's a very current looking design. It was for sale at the time and recall it being a little pricey, although justified.
  5. saltysenior

saltysenior Senior Member

the ''boca jima'' was a series of sport fishermen....late 60's or early 70's..i don't remember the size or even what inlet they came out of....it was not a rumor..they where ultra fast in their day...