Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder

EOOW looking for help

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by J.Fernando, Dec 12, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. J.Fernando

J.Fernando New Member

Good day everyone, my name is Fernando, im looking for some information about to get a job in any possition on a yacht.
    Im from México with a EOOW III/1 and III/3 license and STCW courses wich are:
    • Personal survival techniques
    • Fire prevention and fire fighting
    • Elementary first aid
    • Personal safety and social responsabilities
    • Security awareness for all shipboard personnel
    • Survival craft and rescue boats other than fast
    • Advanced fire fighting
    • Medical first aid
    • Shipboard personnel with designated security duties
    Talking about my doubt is how to start in the yacht industry, since i have no experince in this industry im willing to take any possition available, my only experience is more than one year in the offshore industry and ferries, moreover as a background i have some experience working with jetsky and outboard motors.

Is it important to get the ENG1 medical cretificated? i only have a mexican medical certificated and where i can ask for a job? since i am willing to take any job vacancy ASAP, travel for my own( i have usa visas B1/B2 and C1/D) and fluent english and spanish speaker.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Mexico is on the IMO White List so I am pretty sure if you have a ticket issued by Mexico a Mexican Medical is all you need to keep it valid. Your STCW courses need to be less than 5 yrs old in July 2017 ( deadline recently extended).

Register with some agencies but do not register with any that charge you for this service. Your jetski experience might make the difference to get you in the door on a big one.

Good Luck.