Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Burger

Employ me you'll love it!

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by Stegs21, May 5, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Stegs21

Stegs21 New Member

G'day,

My name is Steve and i am looking to become a decky or crew member on a yacht.

I am currently on a two year visa in the UK. I am a qualified high school teacher, but grew up on a farm in rural NSW Australia growing cereals, irrigated cotton, cattle, pigs, sheep, not afraid of hard work, long work shift work and a bit of getting dirty.

I am throwing the towel in on the teaching gig temporarily for some experience, fun and adventure. I will be free and up for grabs around the end of September/start October 2010.

Would love to do an Atlantic crossing to South America or any where in that region, or would be happy to work in the Med, anything to escape the English winter. (although understand that the Med season will be tapering off as it gets colder around this time)

I have done my STCW 95 and a basic course in sailing and a season racing (every weekend for 3 months) sailing boats as a crew member. I also have completed a short course in Spanish and know many useless phrases about dogs. "El perro de San Roque no tiene rabo"

I worked in plenty or restaurants and bars when i was at university so have a few skills that could cross over there for a yacht, also have lived at boarding school, worked as a master in two boarding schools (one Catholic...although i have no religious denomination) a 300 person college and in more then 20 share houses so have quite a good sense of humour and understanding of living and cooperating with people in close quarters.

Hope that wasn't too much info to over load anyone with, guessing if you are going to be stuck on a boat working for any extended time best to know a few details before the whole get to know you process kicks off.

Stay cool

Peace

Kind regards

Steve.

PS- employ me, you'll love it!