Click for Walker Click for Lurssen Click for JetForums List Your Boat Click for Abeking

Duffy Electric boats....?

Discussion in 'Tenders & Dinghies' started by Norseman, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

View attachment 88785

Don’t quote me on this, but I believe you remove the entire bearing assembly to slide the shaft back and then slip on the new belt.
    While you are at it, turn the bearing assembly 180 degrees to access the grease nipple, then when back together, grease it up good: The bearing is a thrust bearing, it pushes the boat forward, year after year, it needs good lube,

Attached Files:

2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Looks like the Zerk is up, just hidden above the port mounting bolt.
    I agree with Norse. Unbolting the bearing from the frame looks like a better idea.

Got to get the pics down sized.
  3. alaketrick

alaketrick New Member

Thank you for the responses, all helpful. I discussed the missing and stripped set screws on the brass adapter bushing with a friend that knows Duffy's, he strongly suggested replacing it. I decided to go ahead and get a new main bearing as well, as long as I'm taking things apart, just for peace of mind. Folks at Duffy were helpful, and even sent me a PDF of the original owners manual for my year/boat. Still wish I could find a schematic though, I do better with pictures LOL .
    Next stop, packing gland!
    Thanks again.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I keep driving by this place. Is this shop still supportive?
    In Stuart FL at the S W corner of Ocean Blvd and UseLess 1.
    20200318_180220a.jpg