Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Mulder

Dream Boats?

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by Necessary Evil, Apr 1, 2009.

1. FutureYachter

FutureYachter Member

Yeah, it's a romantic notion to own a classic. With $3 mil, I was hoping to pay someone else to be covered in the oil and crud.:D I imagine owning a boat like the Trumpy could get old quickly otherwise. What's the point of having a beautiful boat that you don't have time to enjoy? At least this one has a C-flex hull instead of wood!

I'll probably end up in something like a well maintained Hatteras or Ocean Alexander and let my heart continue to go pitter pat whenever I see a classic woody in good condition but let someone else foot the bill to own it. Then again, you only live once...I don't have kids to leave anything to so who knows what I'd do?

Some day I'll have to drop in on your support group. Looks like it would do me a lot of good.
  2. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Freedom & Privacy

Okay, heres my idea of the perfect Boat and Lifestyle Combination.

Anyone suggest some names for both?

Attached Files:

3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Despite not being a Sportfish (as the dreamboats in this thread is about) you have found an interesting boat. I could not find it among classic Feadships, but it sure looks like one, it also looks like the dreamboat I once made a proposal for.http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/7259-post86.html

Attached Files:

4. 84far

84far Senior Member

5. Patudo

Patudo New Member

My total net worth at the moment would not add very much to US$3m so if it happened to me I'd buy/build myself a place to stay in one of my favourite fishing locations and get a basic sportfishing boat that would be clean, easy to maintain, capable of being operated by me and just one other fishing buddy if needed (ideally one of NYCAP's blondes with a fondness for angling blue marlin), economical in order to fish the 40 or 50 days (or more) I'd want to fish, and most of all not too large so it will be nimble, light on its feet for the marlin dance.

IMAGE REMOVED. NO Hotlinking!

A refurbished Bertram 31 with cockpit controls maybe, or a Gamefisherman 30 express (or the similar boat built by Maverick in Costa Rica - charter boat finish - so I could have more cash left over with to fish more) with a half-tower.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

The blonds tend to be not so economical.
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

That boat has been sitting there for a long time. It sunk several months back and rolled on it's side and blocked the canal joining the New River to the Dania Cutoff canal for about a week, until it was floated again. I don't know if it's still sitting there now, but was in VERY poor shape then.
  8. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

my choice would be a 70-80' Donzi (Enclosed Bridge)
    The 77' Hat E/B is also an real nice boat.

you would need another 3m in the bank to keep it maintained, crewed, berthed, and fueled for a few years.

I was on an Enclosed Bridge Donzi and a 2010 80' recently, beautiful boats!

Regards,
    RT