Click for Burger Click for Seacoast Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Llebroc

Dometic Passport I/O cable pin out

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Capt Ralph, Sep 23, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I have a bunch of Passport displays and Logic/control boards. Yep, Ole Bert is going digital A/C controls. I also have a spool of Cat5 wire and a box of RJ45 connects. I want to make my own I/O cables but I'm just not sure of the I/O cable pin to pin connection. Any A/C guys out been here? The price of a new cable kinda rubs me the wrong way. I know that I can ohm out the next cable I come across but was hoping to save time (cheat) and get a head start on next weekends project.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I found a cable, made a copy (it works) and for those wanting to make their own PassPort cables from Cat5 cables & RJ45 connects here is the secret;
    No secret, It's a 180/mirrored cable like a phone RJ11 setup. On one end, pin 1 thru 8, then the other end twist the cable 180 and crimp mirror backward.

Of other discoveries, a standard cat5 LAN cable (not crossed) will work for the old Raritan LetraSan installations.