Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for MotorCheck Click for Westport Click for Burger

Does anyone know where this boat is?

Discussion in 'Hakvoort Yacht' started by owhblue, Oct 17, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. owhblue

owhblue New Member

Hello everyone, I love that in today's world there are places like this!

I have searched the internet and this forum, and I can't locate one of my favorite yachts of all time: Lady Alice (Hakvoort/Diana 1986). I remember first seeing the boat in either a 1988 or 1989 issue of yachting magazine, where it was chosen as the yacht of the month, pictured in front of a nice house in southern Florida. I'm wondering if anyone knows where this yacht is, if it has changed owners, or anything else about this boat (so long as you can publicly disclose the information).

Here's a link to jog someone's memory (I hope): http://www.************/pages/1986ladyalice/specification.htm

Thank you in advance for any information, I greatly appreciate it.

-Owen
  2. owhblue

owhblue New Member

So with a little more searching, I've gathered that Lady Alice became Excalibur and then Mayan Queen (from the Diana design site), but I know there is a Feadship bearing the Mayan Queen name, so maybe that's not the end of the story...?

Anyone?
  3. kootenay67

kootenay67 Senior Member

I believe today she is known as Mamosa. I do not have any

information on her status lately.

Regards Ken
  4. owhblue

owhblue New Member

Thanks Ken!

I can see that boat is listed in a couple of those "top 200" lists. I found a few pictures, and that sure looks like her, with an extension. I'll have to assume that in 1989 she got an 8' 6" cockpit extension, and if she's still owned by an American then maybe someone in Ft. Lauderdale will spot her. Either the owner is very secretive about any info on the net, or I'm the only one who thinks her design is gorgeous, in the classic sense. :)

Thanks again!