Click for Perko Click for Furuno Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger

Detroit Diesel DDEC vs non DDEC

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Bamboo, Jun 18, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

Seeing a recent thread about DDEC woes I thought I'd ask what advantages the DDEC provides in the 92 series over the non DDEC versions as seen/experienced by members here. Are there advantages to the non DDEC?
  2. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

i would say you dont have to deal with any electricity to run the engines, once they start you can disconnect the battery and they will run until you stop the fuel or the air.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The DDEC's start and run smooth with very little smoking at cold start up. Better engine monitoring with digital readouts of load, fuel consumption, egt temps atc. Better alarm monitoring with things like EGT. More power. Electrical and electronic components needed. However, I've seen very little if any DDEC failures with the electronics.
  4. DOCKMASTER

DOCKMASTER Senior Member

I love my 12v92 DDECs other than the fuel burn rate:) I really like the piece of mind of seeing real time what's going on with my engines. In most cases you can see and correct a problem before it becomes a major issue.