Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

Daylight Savings Time (DST) in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Arniev, Mar 8, 2007.

1. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Carl,
    Black electrical tape is no good. I put it over my ears, but I can still hear my wife. LoL
    Maybe you should change the clock at the DOS prompt, using the TIME command. Now you youngens out there may not know what a DOS prompt is. Go ask your gran-pappy.
  2. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Carl,
    That could work. Don't forget to REBOOT after doing the procedure.
    Thanks Capt Tom.
    Arnie
    :)
  3. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Arnie (or anyone else): Any other ideas how to keep my PDA on the right time? My computer is up to date according to the Microsoft site, and my computer's clock has been a-ok since this whole mess started. My PDA however keeps reverting one hour backwards. :confused:
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Can you set your PDA to a time zone 1 hour less then the time zone you are in.

By this I mean if you see an option in the setup to set it say 4 hrs behind GMT or UTC for where you are just set it for 3 hrs behind GMT/UTC.

(I am using these hour figures because I am assuming you are on or near the Canadian East Coast)
  5. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

Hi, Kevin.
    Is there a way for you to -reset- your PDA's software? Most PDA's can be reset. Once you reset it, you will be asked to enter the time manually ... just like you did the first time you used your PDA.
    Hope this works.
    Arnie
    :)
  6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Kiwi, I tried that, but the problem was that all my appointments were then shifted an hour cause the PDA believes they were booked in the GMT-5 time zone, not the GMT-4. So, it wasn't a viable solution.

Arnie, I tried that as well, didn't work.

The good news (I think) is that I upgraded my Active-Sync last night to v4.5 from the MS site and so far (fingers crossed) it seems to be keeping the time I entered manually instead of always updating when I told it not to. Let's hope it sticks now.

Thanks guys!
  7. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Hey Alan,

Thanks for asking. Yeah, I did finally figure it out. It was an update to ym Active-Sync program that finally solved the annoyance. All is good now. :)