Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Glendinning

Dale Earnhardt's 100' Hatteras "Sunday Money"...

Discussion in 'Hatteras Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jan 28, 2019.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Came across a news piece on Jalopnik regarding Dale Earnhardt's yacht, a 100' Hatteras appropriately named "Sunday Money". I posted a pic of the boat in the Yacht Flocking thread (circa 2007) and posed the question to YF readers "what's the meaning of the name?" Several identified the boat, which explained the name.

Apparently it favors turning to port. ;)

https://jalopnik.com/dale-earnhardts-mansion-of-a-yacht-could-be-yours-for-1832118481

Attached Files:

2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes. I saw it in Harbor Island a few weeks ago. It is still in excellent shape. Ernhardt also had a 50' Hatteras SF, also kept in excellent shape and it's been sitting in the covered in the water slips at Cable Marine forever. I forget the name of that one too...…..maybe The heartbeat......or The Intimidator........or something along those lines.
  3. captholli

captholli Senior Member

When he was still with us the boats were based behind a house in Jupiter FL off of Prosperity Farms Rd. After he passed his wife Teresa kept the Hatteras for awhile but I believe she sold it after a few years. Apparently, The company of the late driver is very aggressive in branding and preserving the Dale Earnhardt name and legacy so I'm surprised that the name Sunday Money wasn't reserved.
    Bill France Jr. started a company called NASCAR Marine in the early 90's that had all the family vessels under one umbrella in Daytona that had shore side support for Hi Banx and several others family owned vessels. Quite a few NASCAR drivers jumped on the yachting bandwagon through the exposure from Felix Sabates Victory Lanes, When you would pass that little marina on the ICW in Daytona during the season you would see boats named Finish line, Checkers or Wreckers, 24 Karrott, Speed Deed etc.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yeah Felix was in Harbor Island with Victory lane a month ago when I was there, seems like a nice guy. There was also incorrigible...…..and Jeff Gordon had a yacht, can't remember it's name...….and well you forgot the biggest grouping of them all "Wheels" I met the owner of that as well and he's a very nice guy. They all loved Trinity's at one point.
  5. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Gordon's was the Lazzara 106 ft. "24 Karot", many Trinity's like Hendricks Racings "Chevy Toy", Wheels etc. Felix Sabates was a serial yacht buyer for Broward Marines Spec built boats for a few yrs. calling them the Victory Lane series. He also had and then flipped a 112 ft.. Hatteras Victory Lane w/ triple Deutz 16v-604 engines that I ran up to Alaska and back and that's when I became a big fan of what was then Hatteras's custom yachts line. That was a very stout vessel with an excellent turn of speed. When Felix formed Trinity with two other gentlemen than of course he traded in that brand only. Not a big fan of Trinity's.