Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn

Crusader 220 drain plugs

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Eric Jo, Oct 16, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Eric Jo

Eric Jo New Member

Hello, my carver is out of the water and I need to remove the water from the engines and fill the with coolant. I have 2 crusader 220. Where are the drain plugs located? Running low on time I live in WI and is getting cold! Pictures would be greatly appreciated as I'm not mechanically inclined.
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I don't have pictures but if this is your first winter, Can the yard do it for you? At the last minute is a poor time to learn. Freeze protection is nothing you want to guess at.
  3. Eric Jo

Eric Jo New Member

It's in my driveway so the yard cannot help. Agreed nothing I want to guess at. That's why I'm posting here. Just bought the boat for a good price end of season, engines run flawlessly but needs electrical done so I brought it home to work on throughout the winter
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Then find a dealer or find a manual on line.
    If your worried, put some 60W trouble lights in the bilge to keep things toasty.
    Blue tape the vents. This will buy you some time till you can drain all well.

I'm in N/E Florida. We dodge the volcanoes, sink holes, tornadoes, hurricanes, sharks and alligators.
    Hording university spring break swarms are a challenge and the I 75/95 snowbird traffic.

We live in such hard times, and you kids in Wisconsin just have the cold.
    Deal with that and stay safe.

Als%20gator.jpg
  5. boatpoor

boatpoor Active Member

Are they fresh water cooled(heat exchangers) or raw water cooled?