Click for Glendinning Click for Comfort Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko Click for Mulder

Cruiser Flybridge advise please.

Discussion in 'General Sportfish Discussion' started by richie hunt, Dec 23, 2017.

1. richie hunt

richie hunt Guest

looking for our next boat, a 40-50' flybridge.
    we boat in Miami, don't fish, wine cruising type of boating. we hang out at sandbars, dock at restaurants, stay on anchor.
    like to run up and down the Keys.
    have always had Sea Rays and pleased with their quality. not looking to pay for a Hattaras.
    we like the European style cruisers and I'm looking for build quality info on different brands.
    wife and i look at a Prestige 500 Fly and loved it, but our dockmaster informed us that he'd heard of de-lamination issues with the hulls.
    so now, i'm asking for any issues with any brands known, so i stay away from potential issues.
    we looked at Azimut models but didn't like interior layouts.
    i'm very interested in Marquis, but found out they are make by Carver, and now interested in quality of those boats. for some reason, i had always thought of Carver boats as lower quality. am i wrong on that brand?
    thanks so much for any info. will greatly appreciate advise.
  2. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Welcome to the forum RH ! Lots of info and good people here.

For starters, what's you price point in the European style 40-50 range?
  3. richie hunt

richie hunt Guest

budget is $500,000 - 800,000. interested in 4 years old or less.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Marquis and Prestige are fine, no better or worst than sea ray. Neighbor of mine had a 59' marquis and i helped him with it for a while.

Not sure i d listen to a dockmaster rumors... heck both SR and Mutts have had documemted coring issues
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Both are a step below a Searay. I delivered a 50 Prestige many miles, MD to Key West, Key West back to MD. It's slow at a 21 knot cruise. They're not as good a sea boat as the sea ray. But both them and the Marquis are ok boats. I'd look at a 51' Searay. One of my customers has one that's a year or two old and loves it. Or take a look at Sunseekers or the 50' Tiara FB is a nice boat with a 26-27 knot cruise.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Last year a new member joined us with a similar search.
    He ended up with a real nice Neptunus.
    I think he got the cream puff of the fleet.
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Neptunus' are a good boat also but a bit too big. I think 55' is the smallest they have built in recent years.
  8. Zud

Zud Senior Member

I love my new to me Neptunus...
  9. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

There he is. Look forward to hear about your new ship. You have been quiet sense your trip home home.
    Please open a new thread and tell us about it.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  10. Zud

Zud Senior Member

Ralph, Thanks for remembering. After the Holiday I'll start a thread (since you asked it will be your fault) with my newbie observations and first year experiences (many great ones and a few not so great)

Merry Christmas
  11. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Safe & Merry Christmas.