Click for Cheoy Lee Click for Nobiskrug Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Alexseal

Cruisair gurus...

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by CTdave, Jun 10, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

I had three new systems installed two years ago and all has been fine. I ran the salon unit a few days ago then turned it off. When I returned yesterday, the screen was blank. I tried resetting it but no go. Checked the main unit (for the salon) in the engine room for loose connections but everything was tight, no wiggles or obvious gremlins to be seen and I reset all three a/c system breakers. Any idea where to look next?
    Thanks
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Since you mentioned the ER I assume you have splits It also depends on which controls you have but usually you will have a phone style cable going from the condenser in the ER to the display. They uses phone jack type plugs which may get corroded. Check that. Also, pull that control panel and swap with one of the other three. If the other control works then the issue is on the proprietary control board for that condenser
  3. Capt Cole

Capt Cole Member

I recently dealt with the exact same issue. It was the "Phone Jack" connection at the touch pad. Disconnected, wiped the end and reconnected, problem solved. Local shop walked me through it my phone.
  4. Capt Cole

Capt Cole Member

There should be a trim ring around the touch pad. It may be attached by a couple of screws or it could simply snap on. Once the ring is removed, you will see the connection. Hopefully it's as simple as that.
  5. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Got it. It was a plastic connector with two female receptacles where two phone wires connect (or plug) together (for lack of the proper term) that Controll the condenser from the panel.
    See, ask dumb questions & you’ll figure it out yourself
  6. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Omg, I didn’t see your replies! Cole, you nailed it! It was the same connection on the other end
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Lol. Yeah it pays to read replies :)

once I had that issue issue and discovered the builder had used one of these connectors to extend the cable and it had corroded.
  8. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Yep Pascal, these guys are not using what might be called marine grade connectors.
    Btw, I always read replies. My phone didn’t refresh the page when I went back on and I didn’t see Capt. Cole’s reply till I posted again.
    Thanks to both of you for your replies. YF knowledge always nails the problems!
  9. Capt Cole

Capt Cole Member

This is what I love about this site. Anytime I have had an issue and posted the problem, within minutes I receive helpful replies. What a great resource.
  10. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Personally sometimes I type a question and just typing it and putting it on (e-)paper causes me to find the answer..
  11. Brian G

Brian G New Member

I agree with Capt Cole. As a relatively new yacht owner (2 years), I've gained so much wisdom and knowledge by reading almost every thread on this site on a regular basis. Every time my mechanic comes out to my boat, it's at least a couple hundred of dollars and often stretches into the thousands so I'm very grateful to learn from y'all (I'm from Nashville) so that I can do some of this stuff myself. Cheers to all!