Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Westport

"Costa Magna" Proteksan yacht 1983

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by ombreetsoleil, Jul 30, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

If you do, be sure to post the dates on YF.

Never know who might visit during mealtime (everyone loves a free-one). ;)
  2. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

The more the merrier.

I am Dutch.........(Dutch treat):D
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

ombreetsoleil, You have had many reasons explained to you why one more person might have caused the upset to your acquaintance.

You only seem to like the ones that make out your aforesaid acquaintance is correct so I would suggest you read up on a few facts before a banging your drum too much on only half the story.

I am aware of the Dutch mindset where they say "If it ain't Dutch it ain't much. "

I am also well aware of what many say NL on the number plates means to folks outside the most heavily populated country in Western Europe.
  4. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

I have read what the other forum members say what may have been the reason for the captains reaction and I have admitted that I only heard one side of the story.
    But I can't understand why you have to write the sentence "If it ain't Dutch it ain't much. "
    Seems like someone is a bit prejudice.............:rolleyes:
  5. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Hi Ombreet

I think that expression was used by Nilo on this forum before. That is IMO just saying that Dutch people are proud of their products :).

We have annother saying in Germany:

"Not every salesman is Dutch, but every Dutch is a salesman."

and one more:

"If somebody fails his driver licence test 3 times, he will get a yellow licence plate and a big NL warning sign on his car" :D.

Do not worry, that it is just having a little fun. I think, the Netherland (Holland) is a beautiful country with very nice people. Dutch companies are my biggest and hardest competititors in business but some of their owners are my best friends. All of our family boats were and are built in Holland, except my Grandfathers and my Fathers Sailboats. They were made in Germany by A&R.