Click for Cross Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for MotorCheck

Considering buying 78 Fairline Squadron. Any opinions good or bad?

Discussion in 'Fairline Yacht' started by Jesse, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Jesse

Jesse New Member

I am looking to purchase a 75 - 85' motor yacht. I have found a 2009 Fairline Squadron that I really like. Any advice or experience with the Fairline brand would be appreciated
  2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

The general build quality of Fairlines is excellent, as too the engineering. It's often down to the engine options and lay-out. One of our members, TK, has a vast knowledge on these boats.
  3. Liam

Liam Senior Member

Fairline flagship for a few years now (decade plus). Nothing to say on build quality, which is good to good plus.
    The 78 Squadron Custom was born as a 74 in 2002 and is indeed a 74 without the super large bathing platform the 78 features.

The more you go into less old boats more options will find.
    Models from 2010 onward can feature active fin stabilizers, and in 2012 the model was again improved with squarish shaped and bigger port holes, and added of a fixed (optional) rigid hard top.
    I think in the 23 meters size, it was the best to come from Britain for a planning motor yacht of this size although the model now is starting to look its age being produced for ten years plus.
  4. Jesse

Jesse New Member

Thank you for the reply. Ill reach out to TK and see what his thoughts are as well.
  5. Jesse

Jesse New Member

Thank you for the reply.