Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums

Comments: Burger's 98' "Lady Pat"

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by viking 58, Mar 28, 2006.

1. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

Does anyone else think it is strange that the crew head is placed directly behind the owners bed. That would be pretty annoying to hear the head flush while sleeping. Must have some good soundproofing.
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

You've been studying!

If you look closely, there's a VERY thick bulkhead seperating the master stateroom and the crew bath. Given the levels of sound-deadening achieved with engine rooms, a flushing toilet would probably go un-noticed. Still, you've raised a good point. Lay-outs are governed by convenience and limitation, but equal consideration has to be given to other issues as well... and sound is an important issue.

Don O'Keefe has been doing Burger's in-house designs for many years. He succeeded Jack Hargrave and Owen Stevens. Over this period of time, I think this is an issue they would have given great consideration to. On the flip side, placing the master in the forward midship position may have been the lesser of two evils. Had the master and the VIP's been switched, then engine room noise could have been a contention for the owners.

I have to admit... I wouldn't want my head that close to a toilet no matter how good the insulation is! ;)