Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Furuno

Clear-view screen recommendations

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Nigel Oakey, Sep 16, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Nigel Oakey

Nigel Oakey New Member

Any recommendations on the best (highest quality) brand of clear-view screen to install in a centre wheelhouse window?
  2. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

If I'm reading your question correctly, 3M Crystalline is about as good as it gets when it comes to clear film.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The latest Vkool is very good too for a clear window film...….but both will look blotchy with polarized sunglasses on in some places/angles.
  4. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Interesting query, I've not noticed a clear view in use on any new construction in years
    I've had two "Speich" units on a large conversion yacht that had been in service for decades without a failure nor leak. I do know the Speich clear views are the gold standard and are expensive for what seems to be a simple design that hasn't changed in 75 yrs. Many other good quality screens being manufactured but I cant attest to the quality.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  5. Nigel Oakey

Nigel Oakey New Member

Y
    Yes you’ve understood my question. I will certainly look into the speich units. Thanks!