Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Abeking

cleaning headliners

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by kdumph, Dec 12, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. kdumph

kdumph New Member

My question is what is the best ways to clean the headliners and siding on my 41 sea ray aft cabin. There are a number of spots where water has leaked in from cracked windows and previous owner neglect. The stains are pretty bad eye sores and I want them removed. I was thinking about a steam cleaner, or maybe just some type of cleaner and some elbow grease. Half of it is just regular carpet fiber type material other half is a more thread type material. Do you guys have any experience with this or any advice is always greatly appreciated.
  2. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

Try K2R spot remover.
  3. woolleybugger

woolleybugger New Member

MAGIC ERASERS and SPRAY NINE works a treat. Buy magic erasers from your supermarket cleaning aisle. Spray nine from any marine store. Use lots of water to rinse off at the end any remaining spray nine.
    I dont know what is so special in the magic erasers foam material but it gets out the most stubborn stains/marks/diesel soot/black streaks from headliners, hull anywhere on the boat with ease. Probably not so good on the carpet but definately the headliners. My wife uses FOLEX on all the carpet stains withgreat success. Most hardware stores will sell it in their product line.
    Good luck