Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno

Chris Craft Roamers?

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jan 3, 2005.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Chris Craft Roamers...

I spotted "Sly Fox" on the intracoastal in Ft. Lauderdale. He was northbound, just past Bahia Mar.

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

I also spotted "Secret Love" on the same day, while cruising down New River in Ft. Lauderdale.

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

Had to be one of the last big boats CC made. A few were produced in the late 80's and I believe the last year was 1991. Right?

Attached Files:

4. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Tin Fizzie

Just kidding about that. :rolleyes:
    Wow!
    What a great looking, and very rare (one of 5) aluminum 1970 Roamer Riviera 38s! She was for sale several years ago on ************** (see photos below). and later donated to charity. Running with her original side-oiler 427s, I'm thinking she somehow fell into good hands now that she's been seen running around your neck of the woods.
    Great find/photo!
    You are now an official "Roamer" spotter - joining the ranks of our national-wide coastal watchers. :D
    Eric
    PS - Any chance you could let this guy know about our little club?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  5. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Secret Knowledge = Secret Power

"Secret Love" - she's one of two 74 foot, Derecktor-designed "Houseboats" built by Chris-Craft in Pompano - between 1977 and 1979.
    One of our last (thanks alot Richard Genth :mad: ), true champion Roamers, she was available for sale/charter recently, and may have been purchased by a secret admirer. :p
    Again - you are da' (Roamer) man!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  6. YachtForums

Eric,

"Sly Fox" is native to Ft. Lauderdale, but I can't remember where it's "den" is located. If I can line up the cross-hairs on it, we'll get him to join the rest of pack.

Glad I was able to spot some Roamers to share with you guys. We'll keep a finger on the shutter button. ;)

Carl