Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander

Carver 4207

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Captrko, Jul 24, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. MysticDolphin

MysticDolphin Member

I want to say it is 170 gallons... its a big square aluminum tank.. it is directly under the bed in the aft cabin... if you dont have a tank there, what is under your bed? it can be accessed by a small hatch....it enclosed by the bed stand... best i can describe it.. to far to the boat to get a pic for you.. but as far as i know this is factory set up..
  2. RB480

RB480 Senior Member

I am curious about this, I have never seen a tank like that installed on a Carver.
  3. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Northern harbour lake of the woods Ontario Canada
    I have had two carvers an 85 3607 and our current boat 92 3608 both have water heaters under the bed in the aft cabin I be,I'd've this is what you are asking about
  4. MysticDolphin

MysticDolphin Member

IM not all that familiar with Carvers, mine is the 4207 Aft cabin... previous owner made several modifications on the vessel as he did the great loop.. its possible he put in the water tank.. . do you have a huge space under your aft bed? On mine, there is a 170 gal aluminum tank with a water senor in the aft head next to the toilet. water heater is a 20 gal and it is in the engine room on the starboard side in front of the starboard engine... under my galley floor is a circ pump for the marine ac/heat and drain pan w pump for the forward head shower...
  5. hopper5

hopper5 Member

Odd Location....

The water tank in my 440 is forward....from underneath the galley floor to the forward stateroom.......I can't understand why Carver would put all that weight in the aft stateroom........my tank is a 165 gallon metal tank. I have a friend with a 1988 4207 (I think that is the correct model number)....his tank is also forward but is a a bladder type....with a leak that is significant enough it trigger his bilge pump to come on several times in a day......not good and a real pain to remove and replace the tank.......once again an odd design !!
  6. Fet-ish

Fet-ish New Member

I wish I could use the 440 tank that hopper5 has, but there is no way to get it into the bildge under the galley floor. I guess I'll have to try and repair this pain in the @#% bladder. Like you, I wonder how the efficency of the hull is effected by all the wait of a 170 gal tank in the aft stateroom. Does it create a "bow rise" problem?

I recently (last year) had a 440MY raft next to me one afternoon for a few cocktails and the owner and I could not determine the difference in the hull other that the window cinfiguration. Any ideas (maybe too many cocktails)? They're virtually the same length with the exception of a bolted on pulpit on my 4207 as compared to the molded into the hull design on the 440. The interior is arranged differently but the demensions are the same. I guess pulpit's 2 extra feet is worth another $75k (MSRP) in Carver's eyes...
  7. Fet-ish

Fet-ish New Member

Under the bed...

BTW, there is just storage space under the aft cabin bed on my 4207. Oh, that was supposed to say weight on my previous thread. I'm lost without spell check. :eek:)
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  8. rholleman

rholleman New Member

I have an 86 4207 and my fresh water tank is under the aft bed, 170 gals. Under galley floor is a/c pump, much like MysticDolphin. On my boat, it does cause the aft to sit low, bow sits up. I am actually looking at adding some ballast to the fwd cabin to make her sit more level.
  9. HMagg

HMagg New Member

I have an 89 4207 in Port Aransas (Island Moorings). If you get down this way let me know.
  10. TooCoys

TooCoys New Member

Paging Captrko... I sent you a private message. Are you still around?
  11. 1000 islands

1000 islands Member

I have a 1989 - 3607 and my fresh water tank is aluminum under the bed in the aft cabin.

And te
    he 3 other similar Carvers in our marina all have it in the same place.......they are all 07's model.
  12. Dale Basham

Dale Basham New Member

If you are still out there, I have a 1987 4207 and have a water leak. Do you know where the tank is and is it a Bladder or just plastic one.
  13. Dale Basham

Dale Basham New Member

If you are still out there, I have a 1987 4207 and have a water leak. Do you know where the tank is and is it a Bladder or just plastic one.
  14. jet55

jet55 New Member

Its been a few years since I had my 4207. Its a plastic tank if I recall on the starboard side of the engine room. Maybe?
  15. Dale Basham

Dale Basham New Member

Thanks for your reply.