Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights

Carver 355 - remove on deck sink/ice station

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by n36511, Apr 15, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. n36511

n36511 New Member

All, on my 1995 Carver 355, I have a sink/ice maker station on my aft deck. After being on the boat for a while, I have discovered that this is of little use to me. Have any of you ever removed this fiberglass box? If so, any pointers are appreciated.
  2. timjet

timjet Member

My 98 355 has the built in ice maker, sink and small storage cabinet housed in a fiberglass box just port of the entry door. I would not consider removing this entire fiberglass box but I've considered removing the ice maker and use that area for additional storage.
    When I sell the boat it will be easy to reinstall the ice maker, probably a nice thing to have when advertising it for sale.

2000 and after I believe they added a storage area for bar bottles above the fiberglass box. It looks nice but of little use and probably severely reduces backward visibility especially needed when docking.
  3. Van_Vader

Van_Vader New Member

n36511 - did you ever remove it? I'm thinking of doing the same.
  4. Joanne mocny

Joanne mocny New Member

I removed it on my 406. Pull the icemaker out. There are screws on the right side and the back. The floor of the storage area is just held in with silicon around the edges. Cut around the edges and pull up from the back. Screws on left side. There is adhesive holding it down. Heat a putty knife with a heat gun and work around.
    There is a hole at the back left side where the hoses are electrical wire comes out. I made a small box and put an outlet on it to cover everything.
    It really opens up the aft deck. Love having it gone.