Click for JetForums Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Abeking

captain wanted

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by sharkbait, Apr 13, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Couldn't attest to the builder, but watched a very similar boat (except that it was about 35'), in beautiful shape being cut up for scrap last summer because it wasn't worth enouth to cover the yard bill and they couldn't find a buyer at any price. It would take over a week just to get that down to the Gulf or probably 2 to make the S/E coast where you could load it on a ship. Forget going 1/2 way around the world at $400 a day for a decent captain. Also, he won't go alone so +$150 a day for crew, plus food and expenses. Wouldn't think of taking an owner along on that trip. Most place give life for killing a boat's owner and it would surely happen.:)

P.S. As a cautionary tale, today's news: 1 dead 4 missing off a 38' out of San Francisco: http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ing-after-california-yacht-race-accident?lite
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

You really have not done the great loop. It's much much longer than a week to get a sailboat from Ohio to the Gulf, and much much longer to get a sailboat to the east coast from there. Probably close to a month.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

The Great Loop: my one dream never completed. 1/2 left to do. What you say though bears echos the other posts. If he wants this boat he'd best move here and enjoy sailing here. Buy another boat there if he moves back home.
  4. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

+1
    Great idea!
  5. FaRB

FaRB New Member

I would do it. I am not joking fair price, travel expenses and ticket back to the US. Contact me privately.