Capitán Miranda was delivered to the Uruguayan Navy in 1930. She served as a survey ship, charting the coasts and waters of Uruguay until 1976. She was then due to be scrapped, but instead was converted into a three-masted schooner. The conversion was completed by 20 October 1978, when she began in her new role as a training ship. Capitan Miranda has since participated in numerous international tall ship regattas and is a sight to behold! She is docked at Waterside Marina with downtown Portsmouth in the background.