Click for Cross Click for Westport Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for Mulder

Canvas Cockpit Covers

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by Ocean 44, Apr 5, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Ocean 44

Ocean 44 New Member

Hi All,

I'm thinking about getting a quality Canvas cockpit cover for my 87 Ocean 44 super sport.

Are these usually custom made, or is there someone that makes the covers and installation kits for different boats?

Thanks,

Adrian
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Each is custom fit although a flat cover (like you see on some SF) could be home done but I don't recommend. Prices vary a lot depending on materials and shop.If you're on LI I have a few recs, otherwise check with your dockmaster or marina manager.
  3. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I think this is the biggest question I get asked. Where do you get good canvas and covers made? I had a guy repping for interior cushions yesterday, used to work for Sealine, gave me some samples and a card, within two minutes card and samples taken off my desk with a note saying " Does he do aftdeck covers?"

Please, if you know anyone who makes good ones, post it.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Too many in too many places to post. Lots of small shops. Some good. some not. Some were good yesterday, bad today. Most don't travel that's why it's important to get local recs. Different story for large yacht interriors as that's designers & furniture makers. Unless a total redo though even that should be done local. Covers are hard to do mail-order as they usually require several fittings & adjustments.