Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander

Can you identify this yacht?

Discussion in 'Popular Yacht Topics' started by psdo, Apr 20, 2006.

1. djtex

djtex New Member

Does anyone know this Yacht?

I saw the Yacht below whilst on holiday in Kefalonia a couple of weeks ago, can anyone shed any light on what it is etc details. I know nothing about boats but am interested o understand what it was I saw. Many thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Sure, she is the beautiful 67M Feadship Anna. You need to reduce the width of your photos in the future to 640 pixels or less. This eliminates the amount of side-scrolling viewers have to execute especially those who do not have the benefit of wide format monitors.

Builder: Feadship – Koninklijke De Vries Scheepsbouw
    Type: Twin screw motor yacht, steel hull and aluminum superstructure
    Length overall: 67.00 m 219’10”
    Beam overall: 13.10 m 43’0”
    Draft (half loaded): 3.40 m 11’2”
    Fuel capacity: 167,000 l 42,500 US Gallon
    Fresh water capacity: 33,200 l 7,900 US Gallon
    Water makers: HEM 40,000 liters per day
    Exterior Design: Michael Leach Design
    Naval Architect: De Voogt Naval Architects
    Interior design: Michael Leach Design

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/feadship-yacht/7076-debut-feadships-67-meter-anna.html?highlight=Feadship+Anna
  3. djtex

djtex New Member

Brilliant! Thanks so much for that, it's a beautiful boat indeed. Just nice to know what is you have seen.

Cool with the picture size, :)
  4. Yacht News

No problem, welcome to YF as well djtex.
  5. C4ENG

C4ENG Senior Member

That is definetly not an easily reckonizable Feadship. They must have gotten in some young designers at Feadship becuase since this last decade or so Feadship has really put out designs that could hardly be reckonized as there own unless you knew..
  6. Yacht News

I agree. Detroit Eagle, Princess K, Rahal (looks more like an Amels), Ecstasea, Blue Moon III ,Anna, The F45 series (Space, Harle...), Predator all could pass as being built by other builders. Their styling goes outside the traditional thinking of many Feadship builds that we consider to be "Feadship". A (ex Project Sigma) could as well be a Feadship...:)
  7. tyrusg

tyrusg New Member

Help me identify this yacht?

my son, the architect, working in copenhagen, sent me these pix.

thx. for more details....

Attached Files:

8. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

That is a Sunseeker 95 Predator. I dont know her name.
  9. boblucas

boblucas New Member

She is the ATTESSA, ex. LADY AVIVA, a 1998 Feadship-Royal Van Lent & Zonen, 225'.
  10. Yacht News

11. PEB

PEB New Member

The boat belongs to Charles Simonyi he was an employee of Microsoft very early on back in the early 1980's. He was also bought a trip on the Space Station for 25 million dollars. He is currently the founder of Intentional Software. Developing new methods of speeding software development. He help develop the hugely popular Office application at Microsoft. He was a leading developer of WYSIWYG document preparation program at Xerox PARC with Butler Lampson. Paul Allen and Charles are good friends and Charles has been on all three of Paul Allen's yachts. Just wanted to add that information about Skat.

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2005/05/16/newscolumn3.html
  12. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

PEB, you just posted the kind of information that does not belong on YachtForums. In this case, it was no big secret, but otherwise we are focused on yachts, not owners. Welcome here anyway!
  13. PEB

PEB New Member

Sorry I just saw in the other forum that someone linked to where it was stated that Bill Gates was the owner. I am familiar with Charles and that is was pretty public knowledge about Charles ownership of the Yacht. Sorry I would not have spoken about his ownership if it was not public information.
  14. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

If you don't feel the info belongs here Lars just delete it. I have seen since my membership here that efforts are made to refrain from discussing owners details so I don't feel as an ordinary member that any reasonable member would object to some editing of the post.

I can see the boat from where I am sitting now.
  15. C4ENG

C4ENG Senior Member

Question,,
    I have seen a lot of postings through time about not posting yacht owners names.

But why is that considered so bad?

Can someone like a famous golfer who owns a large Christenson yacht that doesn't want any one to know sue Y F becuase some people bloged about him?

Are we that powerful of people to do harm to a multi-billionare by talking about his accomplishments in the marine industry?

Just curious for a different view in the subject.....
  16. kevin8tor

kevin8tor New Member

Moving North via the Chesapeake - Vessel Unknown

Passed by my home yesterday. Beautiful yacht, possibly converted to a yacht from a working vessel? Can anybody identify? Photo taken at the very headwaters of the bay - vessel was about to transit the Elk River to the C&D Canal.

Taken at considerable distance with 16x digital zoom....fwiw.

Attached Files:

17. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

18. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

The main reason we don´t discuss owners are for their privacy and security. Of course we doesn´t want this forum to be a tabloid filled with gossip either.

As you probably have experienced, when a yacht is coming into a new port, a lot of people want to know who is the owner. Most of the time the crew are not revealing this and so they search the net. As we don´t know who in this crazy world is searching, we should not provide such easy access to owner information.

Some owners don´t mind to be connected with their yacht, it could even be important for them to use the yacht as a marketing tool, but many want to keep it away from the public scene.

We would like to respect this as a general rule and focus on the yachts instead.
  19. Yacht News

... In addition, if we always focused our attention on owners, YF would become a link-infested forum. The quality of the content on YF is supposed to be such that readers gain a good experience and credible information here.

Fine yes there are some owners out there that are public knowledge but even so we still have given them their "privacy" (no pun intented). A tabloid type website could easily be created if we focused upon ownership. Paparazzi style information and misinformation could then become the subject and not the yachts themselves!

Let us try to get the thread back on track now!