Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Westport

Can anyone provide background or thoughts on this one?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by randy101, Jun 30, 2017.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Ormond Bert54

Ormond Bert54 Senior Member

Wow ... looks amazing to me. Was that the original design? My 48" Sub Zero was incredibly difficult to get in my house much less onto a boat. That fridge looks even larger. That is the type of design I find comfortable to live in (in my home). Looks very comfortable.
  2. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I was on the charter carousel than ran between the Caribbean and Ft. Lauderdale in the mid 80's. There was a good mix of US and European built boats in the 80' to 130' region. The CK design on the US built ones really kicked off at that time and guests enjoyed it's more relaxed lay-out for breakfast/brunch.

The stuffier Europeans preferred a more formal set dining-room for the first couple of meals but soon unzipped and took to the ease of the CK design with families in mind.
  3. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Certainly NOT the original design. It looks like a commercial builder came in without any thought to weight distribution and installed stone and solid surface materials in abundance. Heavy joiner type bulkheads etc. It looks like a condo with a good dose of Feng Shui. This boat started as a three state room layout and now has some features that I have to say look pretty inviting but I doubt that they were pulled off or executed to a normal marine practice or installation so there's no telling what goes on in the bilge and tank top areas. It would be interesting to read a competent surveyors report on this vessel.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  4. randy101

randy101 New Member

This one showed much nicer and would appreciate any education you may elect to share. This has been a most informative board and I've done a lot of reading and learning. In several hours of conversations with engine and hull surveyors, I've learned a tremendous amount about "what to look (out) for".

The 1292s have more hours on them but have been run and maintained consistently whereas the previous 98' sat for long intervals between short runs:

http://www.**************/boats/1992/Broward-RPH-2732417/Miami/FL/United-States

Newer, recent paint (year or two), limited deferred maintenance (vs. other one).

Thanks, Randy