Anything that is simple and works. Sadly Dometic Corp has been buying up all the marine AC companies. I fear this has reduced healthy competition and innovation. Dometic has re-enforced my beliefs; When you can not compete, buy your competition, rob them and re-sell junk at a higher price. The smaller suppliers left do need to be considered and shopping amongst them is what I recommend. Seems to be a better quality and better direct orders available. Are you shopping for split or combined units?
Ours came with Cruisair Stowaway self-contained units. Replaced a couple with Dometic turbos (which started life as a Marine Airrrrrr model) which work well and also more recently replaced a couple more with Citimarine. Latter also work well but too new to evaluate for longevity. -Chris
Thank you , Currently I have split units . Both compressors stacked in the engine room ( outside of Stbd. engine ), salon air handler in bilge under fwd area of setee , Helm air handler next to icemaker . 16,000 BTU for lower deck area , 24,000 for Helm deck
Dometic has the best service network. I have had a good experience with my newer Dometic replacement units.