Click for MotorCheck Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno

Burger's 118' "Chanticleer"

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by YachtForums, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

Chanticleer

The original one came up the Welland Canal
  2. Justdreaming3

Justdreaming3 New Member

Burger Chanticleer (which I believe was shortly "Tomboy") with blue hull is now home in Harbor Springs and is just beautiful !
  3. Rodger

Rodger Senior Member

Chanticleer

Chanticleer was downbound in Welland Canal on Friday. I was on another yacht a friend of mind took some pictures will post in a few days. she now has a dark blue haul
    Rodger
  4. saltysenior

saltysenior Senior Member

langford's 2nd ''chanticleer'' was originally built by burger for ogden phipps as the ''buckpasser''......the cockpit was added after it changed owners..
  5. viking 58

viking 58 YF Historian

Here she is last summer in Harbor Springs.

Attached Files:

6. terrier

terrier New Member

I HAD THE PLEASURE OF BEING ABOARD THE NATOYA MANY TIMES FROM 1972/1980. I WAS PRESENT WHEN SHE WAS SOLD TO ROBERT GREEN AS FAR AS I KNOW HER LAST OWNER. I STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL ART WORK DONE BY DECHARME
  7. SelmanMLong

SelmanMLong New Member

My dad was Quartermaster on Savitar, his name is Selman Long and is 90 years old now. I can get details from him if anyone is still interested. This post is pretty old.
  8. S&T Alderman

S&T Alderman New Member

Hello Thomas Pace,
    Tom and Sharon Alderman in Pensacola for a few days. Tom's Dad, Anderson "Andy" Alderman was Yacht Captain on the first Chanticleer. We have pictures of her in the Havana Harbor. My Spouse, Tom Alderman, would love to see if you have determined where she ended up. We would be happy to post a photo of the black and white picture of her at a later date. Sharon
  9. S&T Alderman

S&T Alderman New Member

Thomas...confirming the 1st Chanticleer 118' was owned by John Pace and sold to Evinrude. My husband's father, Anderson "Andy" Alderman was captain for some time. We have a picture of her at Havana harbour! Happy to upload b and w photo when we return from Pensacola to home in VT. Sharon and Tom Alderman
  10. S&T Alderman

S&T Alderman New Member

Hello spartonboat1, Husband's father, Anderson "Andy" Alderman was captain of the 118' Chanticleer for a time. Have a picture of her in Havana Harbour. Thanks for your clarification, too.
  11. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Photos of the 108 ft. Burger "Chanticleer" taken today at Britt Point , Stuart, FL. Still looks good from her 2009 refit. She doesn't move much with the exception of a charter here and there.

IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0541.JPG
  12. Capslingshot

Capslingshot New Member

She is tied up right behind us, she goes out frequently and goes up north for summers and to the islands.
  13. captholli

captholli Senior Member

She doesn't travel like she used to. After the refit she was a constant each winter season at YCCS and Oil Nut Bay in the BVI's for the Caribbean Super Yacht Regatta & Rendezvous. Used to see her all over the Caribbean for a few years after. Last three years wintering @ Britt point where boats either go to be sold on the brokerage Mkt. or sit for the cheapest dockage in town. It seems now that she leaves the dock each month to exercise her machinery and has occasional trips to the Bahamas. Not much goes on at Britt Point Marina with the exception of a few transients stopping from the trip across the lake. Heck, If it wasn't for Andy on Pywacket displaying his amazing work ethic, the majority of people on the docks at Britt Point would be bored and have nothing to look at. Florida in summer time isn't a wise place to be if you can avoid it hurricane wise.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  14. Steve Adams

Steve Adams New Member

As a nine-year-old boy back in 1963, my mom and dad would take me to a far-off place called Jensen Beach Florida. My Grandmother had recently moved there from upstate New York and we visited each year during, what was known back then as Easter vacation. Well, one day my father took me to a restaurant area called the Outrigger. He and my mother told me all about this wonderful movie star who owned it named Frances Langford, and the movies that she was in and what she did for the troops with Bob Hope on the Uso tours. I remember this evening vividly because we had dinner at the Outrigger restaurant and sat near the Stone fireplace. Our table was right in front and my parents let me sit in the rounded, wicker peacock chair. Man, I thought I was King!
    A few days later we Revisited the Outrigger this time in the afternoon and my father was calling me rather excitedly to come over and see a boat. It was called the Chanticleer, a vessel, the likes of which I had never seen before in my life! My mom and dad owned boat on the great lakes and back then a 35 or 40 footer was pretty darned big. This was even bigger! I was looking in the window of the main salon from the parallel dock. Back then there was no window tinting and except for the reflection of the sun, you could pretty much see inside. I was amazed at how beautiful everything seemed and then my eyes fell upon a baby grand piano. My mouth dropped open and for me, after that moment in time, the true signature of a motoryacht is to have a baby grand piano in the main salon.
    Great memories of an era that is Gone with the Wind, and certainly something I will never forget... Thanks Dad!