Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Furuno

Burger - New "Timeless Cruiser" Motoryacht

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by YachtForums, Jan 18, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

The Class of 2003

Timeless Cruiser Series

A new and unprecedented development is in the works at Burger. It has long been the Company’s strategy to complement its successful, well-established and highly respected custom design/build mega-yacht construction business with a semi-production, mid-sized yacht division. This new division has been established to offer those who are unwilling to compromise on superb performance characteristics and the highest quality interior/exterior craftsmanship combined in a stylish yacht with the proven pedigree and secondary market value of a Burger. The diversification is timed to take full advantage of the eventual rebound of the economy and designed to create a springboard market to its full custom range.

Burger’s foray into the semi-production yacht industry marks a first for the strictly custom builder. The Company’s strategy calls for designing, engineering and building limited edition high-quality semi-custom yachts in the 65-80 foot size range. Kicking off this new division will be the 70-foot Timeless Cruiser Series marking the revival of the highly popular and very successful cruiser style yacht originally made famous by Burger Boat Company. Since its introduction in the mid 1950’s, Burger built 72 of the cruiser yachts through 1990 and it unquestionably became the most popular and prolific yacht style ever. The cruiser style enjoyed an unprecedented 35-year run and has become one of the most highly sought after yachts in the secondary marketplace.
    The 70-foot Timeless Cruiser is a tour de force in blending traditional exterior styling, incomparable joiner/cabinetry work, excellent performance features and state-of-the-art technology. The design criteria included extremely high standards of safety, seaworthiness, equipment/machinery reliability; efficient, easy handling, global service accessibility and user friendly operation. This yacht is ideally suited for an owner/operator or those desiring shorthanded cruising.

LOA: 70'

Beam: 18'

Max draft: 4' 03”

Displacement: Light - 40 Tons Light Ship, Full - 45 Long Tons

Standard power: Cat C-18 @ 1000 hp ea.

Fuel Capacity: 1,500 Gallons

Water Tankage: 600 US gallons

Watermaker: Matrix 1,000 gpd

Speed: Top – 25 knots, Cruise – 20 knots

Range: 1000 NM @ 12 knots

Burger Boat Company
    1811 Spring St.
    Manitowoc, WI 54220
    920-686-5100 Tel
    920-686-5101 Fax

www.burgerboat.com

Attached Files:

2. Chitowner

Chitowner New Member

Does anyone know what happened to these "Timeless Cruisers"?
    Did Burger decide not to go with this concept? They annouced 2-3 years ago they were going to produce them and then nothing happened.

I know they have a pretty solid order book for the next 3-4 years, but I would think there is a pretty substantial market for these beautiful semi-custom classics, after all, this flush deck model has been the bread and butter of Burger Boats since 1940. If they are too busy building custom boats, maybe they can hire more people and start a different division within the company.
    I wonder what people in the forum think on this regard. Thanks.
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hi Chitowner,

Your assumption is correct. I spoke with Katie Ross about this some time ago. The decision not proceed with production was based on the demand for other custom builds, although they could move into production on the Timeless Cruiser at some point in the future.

I believe you are right, there is a potential market for these boats. Who knows, maybe the demand for big builds will taper off in the future and mortal size retro's will make a come back. Let's hope!
  4. WannabeeYhtsman

WannabeeYhtsman New Member

Did Burger supply any other information on this design as in layout ideas, storage areas, and engine room dimensions? I didn’t see any info on their Web site about this design.

With a max draft of approx 4’, she would make a great choice to use for cruising more of the inland waterways and coastal areas i.e. “The Great Loop”, “The Ditch”, “Trent Severn Waterway”.

Just curious

Cheers all
  5. Burger

Burger New Member

Her draft is 7'.
  6. veggie_burger

veggie_burger New Member

Too small: no cockpit: needs big crew cabin

This is a great idea that I'm surprised no one has stepped up to the plate with. I think that this boat needs to be a modernized version of the Classic 80-90 foot boat. Family owned and does not charter so it needs a big crew area plus a big cockpit. Also needs to be under 18' airdraft to do the Great Loop or at least Erie Canal at 20'. Draft should be no more than 6.5'. :cool: