Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for Westport

Bucket List Stomach Churners

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by JWY, Dec 10, 2020.

1. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Have any YFers done any of these?

2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Why do I get the feeling that most of these people spend their everyday lives sitting behind a desk or counter? I did stupid stuff too when that was my life. But between the ocean trying to kill me several times each year and drivers on the road thinking my Harley is a target I've had enough adrenaline rushes to satisfy me. When I look at those thrill rides I'm stuck with the thought that the person running it probably earns minimum wage and was working at McDonald's last week I seem to remember someone starting a bungee jump thing when I was living in Florida, and that it closed after the cord broke. I'll stick close to ground level thank you. Guess I'm getting old and soft.:D (Some of those things do look like fun though.)
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I get a little queasy watching this stuff. Not sure I'm brave enough to try any of them.

One of my bucket list items was a ride in an aerobatic plane. In 1986, I went for a demo ride with Mike Green from Skydancer Aviation based out of Ft. Laud. Exec in a Pitts S-2 Special. Had no problems doing loops, rolls or inverted flight, but once I got on the ground I was disoriented for about an hour.

A couple years later I flew with multi-time German national aerobatic champion Dagmar Kress. She didn't hold anything back, but I had a hard time time holding everything back! The contents of my stomach remained intact, but I had a new understanding of the physical stress that sustained Gs have on your body.

I prefer to fly with my feet on the ground now.
  4. timvail

timvail Senior Member

NOPE . And dont have any plans to. lol
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

The only challenge I've thought to give myself that I haven't done is sky dive, and at this point in life I figure I can live without a broken leg or worse. Anything mechanical or electronic can break down or just break. I like staying at ground level where that break down isn't followed by a long fall and SPLAT. I'm also not good about trusting others with my life.