Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Mag Bay

Breakthru Hull Design...

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by alloyed2sea, Aug 16, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Arniev

Arniev Senior Member

M-Hull Technology

The U.S. Navy recently granted a contract to M Ship Co.to validate the potential of their new M-Hull Technology.

M Ship's new hull technology is applicable to both civilian and military vessels.
    This is their website:

http://www.mshipco.com/index.php?page_id=1

The website shows some videos of newscasts featuring the new technology.

:)
  2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

3. promoceanmodels

promoceanmodels Member

@mroffshore

I've done the Graupnermodel last month.
    Runningpics are coming later, when I get my new brushless motor...

Attached Files:

4. CanuckBoater

CanuckBoater New Member

I clicked on the beachboat.com website in the first link, and went to a "domain for sale" website.

Did some website name squatter acquire the website?

No big deal, but if someone is familiar with the original website "owner", please advise him/her that his url has been "redirected".
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I promised Ernst (promoceanmodels) to get some interior pictures of Beata for his model and I just did. There I also found the explanation on the foredeck handrails discussed earlier in this thread, a stair so you can use the big hatch and the rails to move safe up or down in the bow.

Attached Files:

6. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

Me, too, CanuckBoater, could not load up the BeachBoat site.

Going waayyy back to page one of this thread, regarding the BeachBoat ( and, by the way, what a great thread, very stimulating, lotta neat, new stuff, and... holy raceboat, Batman, lookit all the knowledgeable folks in here. Hats off!)

I'd have to agree with Carl regarding the possible "broachibilty" (?) of the reverse deadrise hull form. George Petrie, in his excellent PMY article, linked elsewhere in this thread, never had the chance to take that Shannon in much more than two footers.

I always find it interesting to look at hulls out of the water, knowing how they perform, and to extrapolate that knowledge to something new. I do not see this hull doing well in a following sea, for a couple of reasons. Looks like a nice big pocket back there to "catch" a volume of following sea and force a broach. A gut feel, but bolstered by what, arguably, was the finest boat that ever ran INTO an inlet: the Ray Hunt deep vee made popular by the Bertram 31. You could take your hands off the wheel and let the boat run straight through a breaking, following sea. I do not see that with the Shannon.