Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn

Boot Düsseldorf 2008

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by Rene GER, Jan 24, 2008.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. KCook

KCook Senior Member

2. brunick

brunick Senior Member

3. KCook

KCook Senior Member

4. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Great pictures Rene. I was also there, just returned 3 days ago. I saw that Wally look alike which had an epoxy hull......it's a Fjord.

I liked the new SL88. Had a tour inside the boat. Well laid out, but I didn't like the PRADA interior and furniture. The SL72 looks very nice form the exterior.
  5. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Yes, the new San Lorenzo 72. I went on board. She looks great. I did not like the interior though. It was all white oak and beige alcantara, but I guess it could be made differently.
    They also showed the new SL88. I was impressed by it. I had a long tour on board. I only wish they did slightly larger swim platforms. The one they have on the SL88 is too narrow.
  6. KCook

KCook Senior Member

I've noticed that interiors on Italian yachts can be rather severe, not my idea of comfy ...
  7. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Agree......the SL88 at the show had a large suspended crystal chandelier above the dining room table. Anyway, it was a custom interior and she was sold already, so I guess it was the owner's choice.
  8. brunick

brunick Senior Member

hey tarek - i think visiting a boat show with you might be much more fun than alone (as i was on hanseboot)

reason: they won't let me on the bigger boats, because don't think i've got the money to buy them ;)

...ok and i really don't have the money to buy them :D...
  9. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

Thats not on IMO. Boatshows are advertised as a public event, the public pay good money to get through the gate and then they are not allowed to look around the boats they have paid to see ? I've been a victim of this myself, some companies are better than others but none of them seem to be able to organise a simple appointment system whereby low-lives like us can book a quick viewing to fit around the real prospective clients viewings.
    The cost and logistics of exhibiting at a show is colossal, granted, and the main aim is to sell product, but surely there is still a little leeway for those who dont have the means to buy, but the interest to look.
  10. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Jannick, it's their loss then, they will be missing on a lot of opportunity.........nobody ever starts big. There are many people out there who have started small and have grown and today can afford these boats, and there are still many who will still grow and be potential buyers. If these companies do not have the foresight to include such customers in their plans, they will be losing lots of business in the future.
    Anyway, next time you are planning to visit a boat show, drop me a note. I will be going to most boat shows in Europe. We can tour them together.

Und ich bin halb deutsch, so we'll get along fine ;).

Best regards,

Tarek
  11. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

What a crazy self-defeating attitude those manufacturers/dealers have.
    A car dealer that spent the time with a 15 year old that obviously didn't have the means to purchase the vehicle at the time did very well in the longer term. That 15 year old got out of the car needing one. Not just wanting one, but needing one, and worked like the devil until he had the means to get one. Boats, cars, toys of all sorts... same deal.
  12. brunick

brunick Senior Member

jep - they're not that clever to regonize that the future buyers aren't that rich at the moment.
    i've been on the hanseboot last year with my dad, it was like day-nighttime, i've been on some bigger yachts without really asking, even though my dad doesn't really looks like someone who could afford it, just because of that he's looking a lot older.

but i'll show up on some boat shows in future, maybe will be able to buy a big yacht - than i'll think about who was nice to me ;)

tarek - i think i'll really drop a note if there's a boat show next time :)
    und wenn du deutsch sprichts ist es gleich noch viel lustiger ;)
  13. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

Klar.......auf jeden Fall :).
  14. promoceanmodels

promoceanmodels Member

I've been at the show also on first day and did some pics.

Attached Files:

15. promoceanmodels

promoceanmodels Member

...and some more pics for you...

Attached Files:

16. promoceanmodels

promoceanmodels Member

The peach/golden Open is from Maxi Dolphin with 2 Volvo IPS. The green coloured is the very new 58 Fly from Azimut. Following pics shows a model of a very nice Rizzardi.

Attached Files:

17. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Thanks promoceanmodels! Are any of those models by you?

Kelly
  18. HONGKONG

HONGKONG Senior Member

Assumptions

Reminds me of the day when a weather beaten gentleman showed up at my houseboat/brokerage office in a smoking clattering VW diesel Rabbit (this was the early '80s). The brokers were falling all over each other trying to hide from this obvious tire kicker. So, (with a little grumbling on my part) I took the "up" and helped him out. Up until the time time the check cleared I had my doubts about him, but after 3 sales in 3 years I found out he was one of the heirs of a well known cosmetic company and over the course of my 7 year relationship with him I did over $3.5 million in sales with him and quite a few more from his referrals. A nicer guy you couldn't meet .The experienced people in every professional field have learned this lesson;
    "DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER"
  19. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

That reminds me of this Porsche commercial. I love it! It's possibly one of the best ever... it's what it's all about.

Thanks for the pics René. You guys certainly have way better boat shows than what we get here... :rolleyes:
  20. T.K.

T.K. Senior Member

:).............great Porsche commercial.