Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Comfort Click for Mulder Click for Perko

Boat transport company for Philippines to San Francisco route?

Discussion in 'Yacht Transport Ships' started by 50cat, Mar 2, 2014.

1. 50cat

50cat New Member

Currently in ph but looking to transport to SF.
    I have a 50' sailing catamaran in Cebu, Philippines and I'm looking to move her to San Francisco this year around June. Do you know any boat transport company that would ship my boat with this route? It is not a popular pick up and drop off place so I'm having a hard time finding a boat transport company that would do this.

A couple of quotes I have received ranged from $75000 to $105000 but I have to move her to a different port for drop off and/or have to pick her up from a far distant port. For that I don't think I want to pay this much money.

Because of my work schedule, I don't think my husband and I can sail her from the Philippines to San Francisco ourselves. We have sailed her from Florida so we are capable but the schedule doesn't work for us. We have tried to move her by hiring a delivery captain and crew a couple of years ago but the long story short, they ended up damaging our boat badly, cost us a lot of money and the delivery was incomplete. We didn't have a good experience finding the right delivery captain and crew afterwards so we are very skeptical of hiring someone to sail our boat from PH to SF, which is a very long distance. Hence I'm looking to find a company that can transport the boat via a ship. I would appreciate any information.
  2. Johngb24560

Johngb24560 New Member

Shiiping Yachts

I would stick to the reputable firms like Sevenstar if you are to ship your yacht. It is not a cheap exercise but the alternative can be a terrible experience. I can bear that out from past experience.

I shipped a couple of large yachts from and to the Philippines with the latest one being in October of 2012. Beware there are professional scammers out there that will suck you in and give you nothing for your money. Best advise is to ship out of Hong Kong as Sevenstar has a regular service returning to the West Coast with yachts from mainland China and from Taiwan.

They are excellent and the yachts are generally arrive with few issues. Do take out the recommended insurance coverage.
  3. SFS

SFS Senior Member

50cat, were you successful in getting the boat to SF?
  4. 50cat

50cat New Member

Currently in ph but looking to transport to SF.
    Thank you for the reply

Thank you for replying both Johngb24560 and SF.
    We ended up hiring crew to deliver our boat and she has made it to SF.
    If anyone is looking to hire a captain, I have a recommendation. Please send me an email.
  5. Wl3175

Wl3175 Member

Where in the bay are you ?? Saw a cat in kkmi last week was that you guys .
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

How did the costs end up comparing as you look back and consider the direct costs such as the Captain and the indirect wear and tear on your boat?
  7. T.T.

T.T. Senior Member

I met a delivery crew of two on a cat at pier40 S.F. I was impressed with this Capt. and young son.