Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Perko

Boat security?

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by Pelagic Dreams, Oct 13, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

RU kidding? You're describing the method used by the sharpshooters on the aircraft carrier (as stable a platform as can be found on the oceans) that got that amazing shoot of the pirate on the not-underway lifeboat (sitting duck). To imply that a boater with adrenaline pumping (who might go to a range what? maybe 10 times a year at best) could hit a person bouncing around in a small boat as it races across the ocean at 20 kts with anything less than K1W1's bow ornament is irresponsible macho c--p. You're either one of the world's best marksmen or you're trying hard to justify carrying your spare tool. No justification needed. We're all free to do as we please. We just better understand the limitations, liabilities and consequences of those actions, because there is no taking back a bullet that's left the barrel nor gaining campassion and understanding from many courts around the world.
    This thread has lost it's direction. I'll be back when I read something productive like a new kind of warning system or personal security device that won't get a boater killed nor have him rotting away in a jail where he doesn't know enough of the language to recognize the words for 'he reminds me of my wife'.
  2. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

A 5 year vacation as Bubba's b!tch in Bongoland Jail:
    A good reason to stay on the right side of the law...:D