Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums Click for Walker

| Blohm + Voss | 163M | "Eclipse" | 2010 |

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by Yacht News, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

On the left side of the image (starboard side of Eclipse)... would that be a hose to provide water for the gensets? Not sure how big a hose one would need... just thinking out loud.
  2. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

They probably need water for the refrigeration and if necessary air condition as well...
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

There could be a number of sources of the heat haze seen in the photo.

A Main Genset might be running with water from ashore or recirculating it's own ballast water.

It could be a Radiator cooled or GT Emergency Genset where no cooling water is required.

It could be a heat haze from the Exhaust Particle Filters ( Not sure if these are fitted or if they are fuel fired or electric type ones).

This yard build cruise ships so there will be some arrangement for shore power as power is needed throughout construction right till the time that the ship can power itself. This can take the form of a cable like smaller boats from the shore or it can also be supplied by a free standing genset.
  4. The thing seems gonna out Dock 11. Well, let'se see in which Dock she has to enter more now, because all of BV she made a test already... :p If she is gonna to be sold from RA then maybe he would ask some $ 1 billion to pay all cost for most make and remakes, which I believe noone almost would pay such for a boat when someone for something also big good could pay the 1/3 for a top drum & dran in another personal desire. This time DEUTSCHLAND went out also.
  5. rodsteel

rodsteel Member

Staffing Up??

I noticed quite a few postings on two or three crew agency web sites for multiple staff positions (deck, laundry, stew, etc.) for a "large 160m+ new build" - could they be for this yacht? - the only other one over 160m is Dubai and I would not call that a "new build" ;)

Rod
  6. ^ I don't think so, because this 'not new yacht' 'just a new review' status had already some 60 members crew. But is probably in order not to pay this crew for such long time when ship is stopped in Yard ( > 6 months ) that the owner quit some, let's say the half of the banal people and now that she is almost finished, then this 'saving money in people' to be reposted again. No one would pay someone for doing nothing, right? if this one was not a confidenciality member hand like higher positions. You know, crew must be trusted. If is that the thinking, then maybe you are allright, because there is no other >160m yacht in yards all over the world yet to need a crew soon.
  7. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Well I was told, 'reliably' that Lurssen is building a yacht bigger than "Eclipse"...of course I wouldn't say who told me that...but that project must be years off if it is indeed being built. So I so not know if the crew thing might have to do with that..?
  8. Yacht News

9. Felipe

Felipe Senior Member

What I see in your picture is the pool on the deck below the one with the glass floor. It doesn´t look to me like that glass floor converts into a pool, but it could. Among other things, a pool on a yacht needs an overflow system around it to avoid the water getting out of the pool with the movement of the yacht, and in that space there is none. In the pool on the deck below you can see a strip around the pool that does it.
  10. Yacht News

MKM alerted me to say that "Eclipse" now has her tenders on her sides amidship. Same styled tenders as "Luna's"....You can see them over at marinetraffic.
  11. Justus

Justus Guest

"Eclipse"

The yacht "Eclipse"is 163-170 metres long and a little bit longer as
    "Dubai" (162 metres).Eclipse was built by Blom&Voss in Hamburg,Germany.
    The exterior designer was Tim Heywood and teh interior designer Terence Disdale.The yacht is a fantastic yacht ,ich wish i would have so much money like the owner Roman Abramowitsch :) .

Justus
  12. Yacht News

Welcome to YF.com Justus. All of what you said is well known knowledge and can be found throughout this very thread :)
  13. Yacht News

14. The 'Her' went out dock 11 at 13 PM GER time after the review !
  15. Ocean

Ocean Member

The overall length of Eclipse is 173,4m and it's 9,14m more than Dubai's one.
  16. 84far

84far Senior Member

I thought it was more around 165.5m, and only 0.5m longer than Dubai...?

Far
  17. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

18. German Yachting

German Yachting Senior Member

Wasn't the shed that Eclipse was built in only long enough to handle yachts up to 162-163m (forgot the exact length).
  19. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Extracted from the AIS Link given above.

Vessel's Details
    Ship Type: Pleasure Craft
    Year Built: 2005
    Length x Breadth: 163 m X 22 m
    Speed recorded (Max / Average): 22.6 / 14.1 knots
    Flag: Bermuda [BM]
    Call Sign: ZCDX4
    IMO: 1009613, MMSI: 310593000

The build year is wrong but this might be when the keel was laid.
  20. Mike448

Mike448 Member

AIS may be indicating the registered length (length between perpendiculars) as apposed to the actual one. For example, we are 49m but our registered length is 42m. In Eclipse's case there could be a considerable difference. Just a thought....