Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mag Bay Click for MotorCheck

| Blohm Voss | 105.85M | "LADY MOURA" | 1990/19 |

Discussion in 'Blohm & Voss Yacht' started by christo303, Nov 22, 2003.

1. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Probably the best known Blohm&Voss is this giant that was launched around the same time as Golden Odyssee : the Lady Moura.
    You can see her here entering the IYCA in Antibes in May 2001.

Attached Files:

2. christo303

christo303 Senior Member

Or here at Cannes in May 1998 where she was leaving to go "around the corner" to the famous restaurant "Eden Roc" at Cap d'Antibes for lunch. Not much can beat an arrival like this at any restaurant.

Attached Files:

3. archnav.de

archnav.de Senior Member

Blohm+Voss Lady Moura 105m

With a length of 105 m the "Lady Moura" is the result of four years of teamwork between the Italian designer and architect Luigi Sturchio and Blohm + Voss. Both the interior and exterior design was conceived by Luigi Sturchio, whereas Blohm + Voss was responsible for engineering.

The furniture for the owner and guest area was prefabricated in Italy and installed in Hamburg under the supervision of Luigi Sturchio. The crew accommodation formed part of Blohm + Voss' scope of supply.

Both the hull and the superstructure are made of steel. The propulsion plant consists of two KHD-MWM diesel engines, each with a power of 5050 kW, and controllable pitch propellers producing a speed of over 20 knots. A crafty hydraulically-operated system of shell ports, doors, flaps, roofs, bath platforms, gangways and cranes provide the most possible ease of operation and comfort. Even the boats, anchors, liferafts and navigation lanterns are hidden behind covers
    and do not disturb the aesthetics of the yacht.

Characteristics:
    Length overall: 105 m
    Breadth: 18.5 m
    Draught: 5.5 m
    Speed: 20 kn

Information and Picture was taken from

http://www.blohmvoss.com/

Attached Files:

4. master

master New Member

Tender Lady Moura?

Is this Mangusta 80 a Tender of Lady Moura?

Attached Files:

5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Yes, and the most expensive Mangusta 80 that was built at the time...
  6. master

master New Member

Tender of Lady Moura

Have You more Details (Engines, Interior Designer)?
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

8. barh100

barh100 New Member

Everytime I saw Lady Moura this Mangusta was with her. But she is only one of several more tenders which sail beside her. Another tender is a San Juan 48. Originally the owner ordered two of them but after the delievery of the first one the owner decided to sell the second one. One year ago it was for sale for about half a million USD. Also, there is a third one. Its a large Monte Carlo, I dont know her length exactly, its in the 30-40ft range.

Another collection are the tenders onboard which are stowed in two garages. It include a Boston Whaler, Ski Nautic boat for watersports and a splendid Venetian Taxi!

Here is a photo of the San Juan 48 lying in Palma de Mallorca on Lady Moura's place. Lady Moura wasnt there. She was in Hamburg at B&V for a refit.

Attached Files:

9. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

They used to have a Monte Carlo Offshorer 46, fastest of the range with twin 600 hp Seatek diesels and surface props on shafts. The Venetian taxi I have not seen, only the one Siran is carrying, but she might have one as well. Not to mention the fleet of black cars, and a couple of red, that follows Lady Moura when in France...

But what I like the most, is that this guy is using his yacht a lot. Some days you can see them go out and in to port several times and the crew really know how to manage the yacht in narrow spaces. It is like a show sometimes when 50-100 people are waiting on the quai to see how they drop the two anchors and reverse into their slip. :)
  10. snorro

snorro New Member

Lady Moura

The "Fat" Lady Moura in the harbour of Monaco
    Oktober 2004

Attached Files:

11. PP02

PP02 New Member

From August 2004.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  12. Beechjet

Beechjet New Member

She a great ship

As is the Sikorsky S76B helicopter that we sold to the owner...

it still comes back to the UK for maintenance, after doing the shopping trips when
    the tenders are to slow... :p

At least that is one piece of kit that is impecable looked after....
  13. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I've always wanted to fly the S-76, but you've got to know people in really high places for a ride. I've got 220 hours in a Robinson 22 and about a dozen in various others heli's, including a LongRanger, Hughes 500-C and an A-Star. The 500 is easily the most fun and the most nimble to fly. The R-22 was an egg-beater, but it afforded me the ability to accumulate hours on my ticket.

Glad to have a fellow heli-head onboard. Welcome! :)
  14. AUSSIE

AUSSIE New Member

Wow any yacht that can make Wedge Two look like a tender is enormous...
    Love to see lady Moura next to Octopus to get a clear indication of size difference.
  15. TigerTek

TigerTek New Member

Cool! I can't wait to start flying. Have looked into different private flight schools. It is true that fixed wing are easy to learn on that helis, right?

Does anyone know if a yacht has ever had or does have a VTOL jet/plane? I reckon they're better than heli's as they're faster and longer range. You can practically live on your yacht...OK OK if you're a billionaire I know...anyhow use your MY as a mansion and office/business HQ on water and just fly anywhere you want...hehe.

How much are the above helis.

Carl, are there any good heli forums like this one? :D It's a wonder Greg Norman didn't have his heli on his Aussie Rules (now renamed) or design a pad onto it.

Oh btw that Lady Moura sure is beautiful.

Ciao,

Adam.
  16. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi Adam,

In my flight school they said that some fixed wing pilots never could learn to fly Helis and some Heli pilots never learned fixed wing. What otherwise is a common route is to start with fixed wing as it is cheaper to get the hours of basic flight training, navigation and such. Thereafter or in parallell take your heli-training and with the combined hours get the Helicopter license. Or both, since it will be cheaper to maintain a fixed wing license if you only fly for pleasure.
  17. YachtForums

Good advice Lars. As you said, learning to fly is easy. Learning navigation and communication is the hard part. It's much easier (and less expensive) to concentrate on learning, while flying fixed wing. In addition, the fixed wing license will offer much broader possibilities.

In the end... get a rotor wing license if you have a specific application or intend to make it a career. Get the fixed wing if you want to fly recreationally.
  18. Rambat

Rambat New Member

Helo options

Tiger Tec asked about VTOL on a yacht, I have developed several V22 tilt rotor accommodation plans for a 220' GTMY, see render attached. The P&S wind fairings and mast all retracted when the pilot keyed that he was landing. I have a nice MPG of it doing a touch and go if anyone wants to see it please contact me. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• lt.JPG
      lt.JPG
      File size:
      39.1 KB
      Views:
  19. YachtForums

Sure! I'd like to see it. I can even set up a hyperlink to it on the server, to save you from having to send it on each request. :)

Oh... and welcome aboard!
  20. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

V-22 or BA-609? The V-22 is the military version and is rather large, while the BA-609 is the commercial version, smaller, with more conventional "luxury" amenities.