Click for Westport Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno

best training organization?

Discussion in 'Licensing & Education' started by azwarian, Sep 8, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. azwarian

azwarian Guest

hey guys,

im currently working on a 120ft liveaboard diving yacht.... my goal is to get my 200 tonne captains ticket and hopefully be able to jump on a private vessel as an first mate/dive instructor type role.

my question is, what's the best organisation to train with? IYT seems pretty good at bringing everything together but it appears that a lot of their stuff isnt commerical and is more recreational.... im in the caribbean at the moment and would like to stay based around here, but also am from australia and wouldnt mind working out there

currently im just keeping logs in an excel spreadship of days at sea, miles, etc that my captain signs off for me. any advice or recommendations on the best ways to get my captains tickets etc would be great. thanks
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

If you want to stay on yachts then there are a few places, if it is a commercial ticket you seek you best head home to Australia as you will find that being a Non US Citizen the licences open to you are very limited in the US.

Make sure your Captains also provide a sea service testimonial