Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Cross

Bertram 46' 6" documentation

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by Navatech, Mar 28, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Navatech

Navatech New Member

Hi, I have recently purchased a 46' 6" Berty (government auction) however, no documentation (manuals, schematics etc) were found on the vessel.

What I'm mostly looking for are the type of things that will tell me what's what and where to find it. For example, tankage data and piping. As another example, electric schematics.

Any help will be appreciated but I'm not looking for freebies. Purchasing the documentation is an option.

As for the mechanics, I'm good (through other sources). Luckily the 8V92TI is a common engine and data is widely available.
  2. hpm1

hpm1 New Member

contact Bertram. They have what you need. I bought a operators manual and schematics for a 1978 46 and it has helped a great deal.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Good chance a 46 has been documented. Did you check in the hull for a documentation number?
  4. Hkalan

Hkalan Member

Hello,

Were you able to get the documentation from Bertram ?

I want to buy a 1982 Bertram motor Yacht. I can't find the HIN on the vessel to communicate with Bertram.

Would like to know if you got any documents !!!

Alan
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

That's very odd. It should be on the port transom up near the rail or down by the waterline.
  6. Hkalan

Hkalan Member

Hello,

The hull was extended, so the transom HIN is covered. I am trying to locate any HIN inside the hull... Any idea ?

Alan
  7. Navatech

Navatech New Member

So far nothing...
  8. Navatech

Navatech New Member

Any professional extension would have transferred the HIN to the new transom... You should be able to get the HIN from your documentation (title, registration)...

As to there being a second HIN somewhere on the vessel: the law states that a vessel manufactured after August 1st 1984 is required to have a secondary/hidden HIN in addition to the public view HIN...

I have no idea if yours has one and I wouldn't know where to look for it...

Sorry...