Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Cross Click for Mag Bay Click for Perko

Beds in 1986 4207

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by rholleman, May 22, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. rholleman

rholleman New Member

Looking to order new mattresses for 4207. Is the aft cabin mattress a standard size? My forward berth is a walk around and I know that one is custom to fit the bow, but not sure about aft cabin. The boat is currently in Tampa and I am in Louisiana so I cannot go out and measure.

Anyone change their mattresses and can offer suggestions on type they changed to, i.e., innerspring, foam, etc and where did they buy them would be helpful.

Thank you in advance
    Roy H
    New Iberia, LA
  2. Thisisit

Thisisit Member

I replaced the mattresses in my 3807. In both cases, I removed the mattress and made a template using brown craft paper, cut exactly to the base shape. I them went to a local foam manufacturer (in Toronto) and had them make a mattress using the template. The choice of foam densities and types will make your head spin. I settled on 4 inches of one type topped with 3 inches of memory foam. They even sewed a custom mattress cover with a full length zipper.

I have only been on one 4207 but I'm pretty certain its an odd shaped mattress as well.

Good luck
  3. MysticDolphin

MysticDolphin Member

it is a regular mattress in the aft cabin... im thinking it is a queen.. actually pretty sure... will check this weekend..
  4. MysticDolphin

MysticDolphin Member

my aft bed is a queen.... and square or rectangle
  5. seldomdry

seldomdry Member

I was able to take mine to a local mattress mfg called Original Mattress Factory and they used it as a template. New one for 500.00. You have them in Texas...
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

You'll be amazed that these local custom manufacturers end up costing you no more than if it was off the shelf stock mattress. You can also order online, especially if foam, as it ships easily.
  7. rholleman

rholleman New Member

Thanks. The prices I was getting was crazy. Do you need to add some sort of water barrier under a "non marine" mattress?

RH
  8. Scallywag2

Scallywag2 New Member

No water barriers on mine.
  9. agskinner

agskinner New Member

4207 Rear Mattress

Hi Folks
    I thought the rear island mattress was a regular double mattress on out 1989 4207, but the mattress is about 4" too narrow, and about 4" too short. Plus the fact that the mattress should be cut to the forward radius of the bed foundation. The next mattress I get for the boat will have to be cut from a queen mattress to match the existing foundation.
    My mattress is 3 layers of foam, and is extremely comfortable, cost about $700.00 including the zippered cover.
    Al
  10. rholleman

rholleman New Member

Thank you. Where did you get the zippered cover to fit?