Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Abeking

BBL Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by John B, Apr 9, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. John B

John B Senior Member

I was curious, what do others consider to be the 'Best Boating Libations'? ;)

Of course for us its tea in the afternoon and.... well not exactly

During the day its generally beer and margarita's. Evenings usually wine and some beer, maybe some gin & tonic or rum & whatever's on hand. Actually seem to go through a lot of wine.

Coolest thing I've seen in a long time was a margarita mix that comes in a bucket with a spigot. You add a full bottle of tequila and its pretty much perfect. Ideal for lying on the beach with - you just need cups and ice and its an instant party.

My boat is now recommissioned and I was making a list of provisions we need to resupply with, so I thought it would be a good idea to check with others here to see if there is anything special we should be putting in our stores for the upcoming season.

So what do you bring along to keep your guests happy?
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Ohhh... good thread, John!;) I need it after the week I've had!

Around South Florida, Martinis are the new millenneum choice. They've made a come back that rival retro styled cars. Skyy Vodka has thawed the Smirnoff Ice trend in a cool new way, by making Cosmopolitans in a bottle now! Can you imagine Joe 6-Pack getting Cosmos at a convenience store. There goes the neighborhood!

For me, one of my good friends is Jack and his best friend is... Coke. We've partied together on many occasions.:D
  3. sford

sford New Member

bbl

I second the Martini's...... We do a Chocolate Martini ----- mix exactly 1/2 & 1/2 of Stolychinia Vodka Orange and Clear Cream de Cocoa....... Shake & strain .... Garnish with a Chocolate pepermint swizzle stick...... And don't forget the Grand Marnier for the eveing toppers...

Steve
  4. Bob Scott

Bob Scott Guest

Man I have the drink you are looking for. The mixture ratio is 1/1. You get cheap champagne, Mad Dog, mix and stir! Garnish with anything you have left in the fridge. This is called a "Cham-pipple", and is the drink of da hood. Just think, you could be a hit, and start a new trend with the yachties!
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Cheap champagne and Mad Dog? Man, you must have been runnin' real low on supplies that night! Have to admit, I've concocted worse things. :p

We tried Red-Bull Energy drink and champagne one night. We ended up with giddy-wired women that were swinging from the davits!
  6. John B

John B Senior Member

Oh man MD 20/20?!? :confused:

I was always a Night Train man myself......
  7. yachtjim

yachtjim Guest

BBL - I love it :D

I try to keep it simple - nothing more refreshing than sipping on "coke and rum" as the song goes, after a long day of boating. My fav is Captain Morgan of course, with diet coke and a lime.
  8. John B

John B Senior Member

Truth be known, The Captain is one of my favorites as well - especially Captain Morgan and pineapple juice. Have introduced many friends to that mix over the years and have shared many a fine adventure with The Captain!

You can always find a bottle of The Captain on my boat; how much is left may be an issue.

Good to meet a fellow fan of The Captain!