Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Cross Click for Nordhavn Click for Nordhavn

Bahamas will lock down again for COVID-19

Discussion in 'Marinas & Waypoints' started by Capt Ralph, Apr 6, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Of course any ONE life lost is tragic. I'm not trying to sweeten that up at all.

My gripe is the media wants the more doom & gloom numbers. Seems to be the largest business still open and making money.
    If they can't make the most from any event, they can't be making the most money from that event. They report these big numbers but do not offer the whole picture.
    First level of brainwashing (IMO).
    Other than the government, The media has to be the largest identity that makes the most money for the least effort and none it has to be factual.

Trying to be positive
    These graphics do show however that maybe, just maybe our isolation plans are working after all..

Mislead and late to start, the US is doing well.

The US has had it's health problems and great losses before.
    It is interesting that in a sposed modern time, isolation encouraged by the fed, seems to be working,, helping at the least.

Wish I had better numbers from the Bahamas. Small towns isolated by islands and miles of water.
    I could imagine lots of remote towns are going along well. Their supplies are had hit I'm sure but no virus.

Still, lets stay safe and calm out there.
    rc
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Speaking of media misleading (brainwashing) , If you could understand the whole picture at that time, this would not still be on your mind.
    Sadly, the whole picture was not reported. But, the persons that wanted the whole picture just had do look a lil deeper to find the truths.

As quoted here on YF many a time, Never accept one view or opinion on anything of great concern or value to your self.

Apparently, you took the word of the media and never looked any further.
  3. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Can you guys please stay on the topic and get out of the politics. This thread is about the Bahamas lockdown.
  4. leeky

leeky Senior Member

+1
  5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

OB's intentions are good. The reasons you guys have a legion of readers is because you stay on topic, unlike other forms of social media. NOBODY comes here to read political opinions or slap-stick, ad-lib remarks. If you want to talk politics and pandemics, why not take it down the yacht club? I'll get the popcorn. :)
  6. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I agree and I always kick myself for taking the bait but then why was the thread started in the yacht club shut down ?
  7. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

My family is on serious Lock-Down in Antigua. They even have a curfew from 9 till 12 that makes shopping a headache.

Police are not messing around, hard armed actions have occurred.
  8. YachtForums

I was wondering the same? Either Lars or Kevin locked it. I think because the claims were unsubstantiated.
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

This subject is so intertwined to national, international and local politics that I fear it seems to be inevitable that it'll migrate into politics. I'm just thrilled it hasn't gone to religion yet. Hate to make extra work for the mods, but I think you'll just have to keep policing the thread and stripping posts that go too far over the line. I for one won't take any offence if you think any of my posts have to go.
  10. YachtForums

You're right Ed, politics and pandemics are so closely intertwined, it's inevitable in the discussion. You guys do a good job of keeping an even keel, so... you guys figure it out! ;)
  11. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Told you so, as you might remember...! :)
  12. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Very easily as I have repeatedly on this site. This thread is the Bahamas shut down, yet we're discussing US politics.
  13. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Does the Bahamas know we're shut down and discussing their politics?
  14. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Think he did mean the US.
    He must mean it, or something; he said "Very easily as I have repeatedly on this site."
    But then he said; yet we're discussing US politics.
    I do wonder, who he was discussing US Politics with.

That higher education (or big nose) accent/dialect does confuse me sometimes.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  15. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Anyway
    As I tried to ask before;
    Anybody have an real numbers from the islands?
    I wonder how the small towns and remote islands are faring.
    Less supplies and grocerys I kind of think (hope) they are well.

I can't imagine a lot of travelers from China stopping into Strangers Kay in the past months.
  16. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Seems to me that all Bahamian data is from Nassau. But, then again, when it comes to the Bahamas government is there another island?
  17. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

They re up 50 cases (positives) and 9 deaths I believe. Almost all in New Providence except a handful in Grand Bahama. Also one death in BIM and two new cases in Cat Cay

no cases in the outislands

they have 4 days total lock down every week end but have just cancelled the shop hours by last name initials

cruisers and boaters that haven’t returned don’t seem to have issues getting food and supplies. Many Fuel docks are open outside lock down days but some marinas don’t allow people to come in (Chubb, Highborne). Staniel is running shorter hours at the fuel dock but remain open
  18. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Thank you for this. Itching to untie.
  19. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Bahamas releases COVID-related yacht protocols
    Posted on Apr 15, 2020 by Triton Staff
    The government of The Bahamas has released official COVID-19-related protocols for all boats in the waters of The Bahamas. The protocols apply to “all boats, yachts, private craft, and recreational craft (‘boats’) including boats for hire for such purposes, that are (a) cruising in, plying the waters of, or sheltering in The Bahamas; (b) intending to visit or depart from The Bahamas; or (c) intending to transit The Territorial Waters of The Bahamas (the ‘boat protocols’).”

In general, no boats can enter Bahamian waters without prior written permission until further notice (request permission at primeminister@bahamas.gov.bs).

More at https://www.**************/2020/04/bahamas-releases-covid-related-yacht-protocols/
  20. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

Dude, we know the feeling.
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.