Click for Walker Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Glendinning

bad leak from the wall/azimut105'

Discussion in 'Azimut Yacht' started by amicaengineer, Aug 14, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. amicaengineer

amicaengineer New Member

Anybody with any idea how to find a leak from the wall/dinner/galley at main deck? already runned out coolling unit on the weel house. Galley is dry. Any suggestion?
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Do you know if it is coming from a system in the boat or outside? Is the water fresh or salt? Not sure what you mean by "already runned out coolling unit on the weel house". It sounds like you suspect the a/c on the bridge. Have you checked the drip pan?
    Try to track it back as far as possible till you get close to a suspect source, then introduce some water with food coloring there. If it's an outside wall then look to the rubrail & portals 1st, then rail stanchions. Water leaks are insidious. Once they go behind something they can travel a long way before becoming visible.
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Neither did I, the worst grammar I've seen on YF in 7 years.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

In all seriousness, English is a hard language and the translation programs leave something to be desired. Then you get into nautical terminology and fagedaboudit.:) Amicaengineer, try to give us a bit more detail or even put it into your native language as well. Maybe our software translates better than yours. Hope we can help.
  5. Capt Bill11

Capt Bill11 Senior Member

I believe it's a spelling issue. As in "ruled out".
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

My bad and apologies extended if English isn't his first language. His email address and bio appeared native.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Come on now. You're from So. Florida where the native languages are Spanish, French, German and English in that order.:rolleyes: The a/c or fridge may be ruled out, but the drip pan could do it, especially with condensation in So. Florida heat. With the hot humid summer we've been having up here this summer the a/c units at my house are pouring water. Still, more info is needed to get more than wild guesses.
  8. amicaengineer

amicaengineer New Member

apologies for my bad english..Thank you any ways!

I just find another cooling unit full of water on the stbd main deck and I think is the source of my problems.. NYCAP123 thank you so very much for your help! Capt. Bill11, please forgive me if my bad english offended you. I didn't know was that bad but this what happen when I get nervous.. Thank you for your help and good day sr.
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

We have a lot of languages in this country. I so appreciate the world's willingness to learn english whether they know it well or not, because this old guy was too stupid to learn a second language. Glad we were able to help.:)