Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Comfort Click for Walker Click for Perko

Auxillary engine controls for Volvo 74TAMD ECM

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Rusty Mayes, May 18, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Rusty Mayes

Rusty Mayes Member

I bought a Carver 506 which has is Volvo powered with electronic engine controls. I am looking to install a remote set of controls on the transom to make single hand docking possible. I don't want to go deep and buy a Yacht Controller. Has anyone ever added one of these? It would seem to be a rather simple addition but I fear trying to find what I need from Volvo for a 21 year old plus system will be a chore! I imagine the folks at Glendinning may have a solution if Volvo doesn't offer the parts still.
    Rusty
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

A 50' Carver hardly needs remote controls, but if you need it do go deep and get a yacht controller.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

With the amount of windage on these boats I can see how single handling is a challenge and cutting time going from the helm to the apring lines can help

have you checked with Volvo to see if you can get an extra set of control? I would start there.
  4. Rkbk

Rkbk New Member

I have a 53 Carver Voyager and have and added a yacht controller 10 years ago. MY Wife and I love it.
    We have Cummins qsm-11 630 hp each.
    I have seen many carvers with it.